FAA register is back on....

and you will be fine if you fly with some intelligence. If you don't I personally hope the find you and make and example of you

I feel that if we've spent the time to study and paid to take the exam, others should have to as well. I've often wanted to report those that do commercial work without part 107 certification. Is there even a mechanism in place for that?

and you will be fine if you fly with some intelligence. If you don't I personally hope the find you and make and example of you
i live out in the middle of no where and nothing flies lower than a couple of thousand feet .and i dont fly above 1500 feet so we be good to go .i am tired of the gov bullshit and the taxes they place upon us for everything we do. i want the chem trails stopped and they go on so when the gov starts living by the laws i will too ,in the mean time they can go fuck them selves

Just registered my bird. $5
Though it appears the cost is $5 for each drone you wish to register.

Last edited:
Just registered my bird. $5
Though it appears the cost is $5 for each drone you wish to register.
I think only 107 requires registering each drone. 336 let's you use the same number on all your drones. Correct me if I'm wrong here

I think only 107 requires registering each drone. 336 let's you use the same number on all your drones. Correct me if I'm wrong here
Ah, so it is. Should I ever decide to take "The Test", I'll be set.

I'm new here and to drones so bare with me. Been toying with model airplanes since the late forties u-control, free flight, RC, etc. There were some unbelievable
deals on the Solo 3dr's I purchased two. I'm like a little kid with this thing fly it out of my back yard at factory default except for a ceiling of 200 feet.I fly over a open
area behind my property just the basics up, down, left, right etc. For me its just a toy do I have to register the drone with the FAA?

Credibility Alert! ... "chemtrails" ... really? ... Good luck to you. There's an aluminum foil sale going on somewhere I'm sure. Unless of course you meant "con" as in condensation, then I'll take that back.

Registered today two minutes five bucks done deal. Make sure the site reflects .org.

i live out in the middle of no where and nothing flies lower than a couple of thousand feet .and i dont fly above 1500 feet so we be good to go .i am tired of the gov bullshit and the taxes they place upon us for everything we do. i want the chem trails stopped and they go on so when the gov starts living by the laws i will too ,in the mean time they can go fuck them selves
o wow, yeah .... stepping away.

Reactions: Sylvia-Khatt

You are correct, this is from the FAA site directly:
  1. What is the difference between registering a UAS flown for under the Special Rule for Model Aircraft vs. UAS not flown as model aircraft?
    If you operate your UAS exclusively under the Special Rule for Model Aircraft, you can voluntarily use the web-based registration process to register once and apply your registration number to as many UAS as you want.

Unmanned aircraft flown not as model aircraft must be registered individually by the owner, and each registration costs $5. Registrants must supply their name, address, and email address, in addition to the make, model, and serial number (if available) for each UAS they want to fly.

2. Do I always have to have my Certificate of Aircraft Registration with me while flying my UAS?
    Yes. You must have the FAA registration certificate in your possession when operating an unmanned aircraft. The certificate can be available either on paper or electronically.

If another person operates your UAS, they must have the UAS registration certificate in their possession. You can give them a paper copy or email a copy to them.

Federal law requires UAS operators who are required to register (those not flying exclusively under the Special Rule for Model Aircraft) to show the certificate of registration to any Federal, State, or local law enforcement officer if asked. You can show it electronically or show the printed certificate.

Last edited:
Something about this Q&A sounds fishy. Why do they say "voluntarely"? I'm not registering anything voluntarely, and bet most are not as well.
Does the new law mandates it or not? That Q&A makes it sound like still optional.

Reactions: skyhax
Does the new law mandates it or not? That Q&A makes it sound like still optional.

Looks like its "Mandatory" to register as a modeler/recreation

UAS Flown under the Special Rule for Model Aircraft (Section 336)
If you are flying under the Special Rule for Model Aircraft, you must:

1. Register as a "modeler"
  2. Label your model aircraft with your registration number
  3. In order to register, you must be:
    • 13 years of age or older (if the owner is less than 13 years of age, a person 13 years of age or older must register the model aircraft)
    • A U.S. citizen or legal permanent resident*
    In order to register, you'll need:
    • Email address
    • Credit or debit card
    • Physical address and mailing address (if different from physical address)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mr M