Dunked in salt water

Reaction score
ok after a week in Eleuthera of great shots and use of Tower as well I got a bit too cocky and had it low to the water (9') and . . . when I meant to go up I pressed down. 3' of water about 75 yards off the the beach so I was able to grab it after a few minutes, pulled the battery, disassembled and buried it in rice for a few days. Since its salt water I know it's toast but figured I'd try while I lick my wounds and buy a new copter. Reassembled it today and while it powers up the LED's go three green and one blue while playing a new tune(video embedded). Thoughts?

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I once had a hard landing and Solo's start up time changed but even support couldn't figure it out so they did an RMA

You can go through these tones in the link and see if any match your tone

common-Sounds (Pixhawk/PX4) | Copter

My guess is one of the components is having an issue but not sure which one

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh and also, I've had solo fall into a pool before and survive by just changing 2 motor pods without ANY ill effects

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ok after a week in Eleuthera of great shots and use of Tower as well I got a bit too cocky and had it low to the water (9') and . . . when I meant to go up I pressed down. 3' of water about 75 yards off the the beach so I was able to grab it after a few minutes, pulled the battery, disassembled and buried it in rice for a few days. Since its salt water I know it's toast but figured I'd try while I lick my wounds and buy a new copter. Reassembled it today and while it powers up the LED's go three green and one blue while playing a new tune(video embedded). Thoughts?

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
If it will send em, post your logs here, most likely the blue lit motor pods esc is burnt or shorted out somehow, since it's the odd ball. The system check at power up makes them all green then changes for orientation, so could be a place to start. Honestly that's just a half educated guess and where I'd start first, but the replacement pod would be the motor and esc and a very easy fix if this is the issue. Could even be worth trying a reset, but shoot 3dr a message maybe and see what they say. Good luck, solo still looks great hope you get it back in the air soon.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nothingworks