DronePan for Solo First Field Test

Reaction score
DronePan for Solo development is coming along well. I wanted to show the first field test from today and hopefully within the next week a beta version will be ready. The code in progress can be found here:

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

GitHub - dbaldwin/DronePan-Solo: DronePan 360 Panorama Android App for 3DR Solo

Here is the panorama from the field test with the GoPro Hero 4:

New Project | Virtual tour generated by Panotour

Ok, now I understand DronePan and again that is very amazing option to work with. Thanks for the share...

Nice work! Thanks for sharing your progress.

I'm looking forward to using your tool.

I don't think it's caused by your work, but in your video did you notice the quick blip in the sound of the solo motors? I hear that at times and it must cause some sort of flight jitter and would result in a video jerk too. Has anyone else experienced these? I keep trying to catch one and get it in a log to support, but I haven't been able to reproduce it on demand yet. Plus, the gimbal may hide this in the video a bit, making it harder to find.

Maybe it occurs when switching from smart modes to fly or manual?

I have noticed a bit of a delay or jitter when switching from smart shots to fly every once in a while. It's not long, but I think I know what you mean Rich. Haven't had enough flights lately to say for sure cause the weather, but since updates mine seems to have improved when switching back from mpcc. That's really all I've used lately smart shot wise though.

I find the Droneplan on Android market, but not on google play ? and on IOS version, droneplan cant use SOLO 3DR, just Dji Inspire or P3..?

so is he doing this one in Android, not python?
getting drone kit to work on python is kicking my butt
maybe I will try android, this is such a good resource. With the source code available its a great way to learn

so is he doing this one in Android, not python?
getting drone kit to work on python is kicking my butt
maybe I will try android, this is such a good resource. With the source code available its a great way to learn

he's using dronekit-android

he made the app open source on github, so you are free to download the code and play with it in android studio to get a starting point.

there is also an example in the dronekit-android github dronekit-android/samples/StarterApp at develop · dronekit/dronekit-android · GitHub

Nisouck : That is a superb piece of work. Although, to be fair, a wonderful job all round for everyone involved behind the scenes and the code.

DronePan for Solo development is coming along well.

Frank,

This was asked already but I didn't see an answer. This probably won't work properly with anything other than the stock GP lens, right? I'll give it a go with the Peau 4.35mm but I would guess it won't work properly. Any thoughts, anyone?

Thanks,

Jerry

I think the field of view and DronePan make some 60° yaw by standard so you will misse some picture overlaping.

Reactions: J R
3DRSolo > DronePan > Hugin = Open Source Panorama solution.

Many thanks....

Attachments

• Jumbo2_pan.jpg
    Jumbo2_pan.jpg
    794.6 KB · Views: 30
Reactions: J R and Maddog
DronePan for Solo development is coming along well. I wanted to show the first field test from today and hopefully within the next week a beta version will be ready. The code in progress can be found here:

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

GitHub - dbaldwin/DronePan-Solo: DronePan 360 Panorama Android App for 3DR Solo

Here is the panorama from the field test with the GoPro Hero 4:

New Project | Virtual tour generated by Panotour

I really hate people like me that put up posts like this...Im not an Android user regularly but picked one up because of Tower. When I try to open the DronePan app it just says 'can't open file.' Ive done some reading and changed some of the security setting for Android but still no luck. I would appreciate any new ideas as the app could be of great use to me.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Minh44