Drone hovers right above jet landing at Las Vegas airport

Of course. The media isn't concerned with facts. They make their bombastic click bait headline, a story with little substance and lots of emotional BS, and collect on the advertising income. Done.

Reactions: Wetstone
Doesn't even look real. That won't stop the news media though.
Fake News!!

Either I'm not keeping up with Recent Flight sim technology and they have come a long way in a few months, or that is actually some Moron violating every FAA drone rule known to man? Looks very real to me and I've been playing PC/Console games since PONG....Oh boy....We are done....

Looks exactly like the high quality expensive scenery, aircraft, and camera view controls I used to have in msfs

My brain says simple physics declares this a fake. Unless someone is flying a military-class bird. Or custom built speedster. Anyone know what landing approach velocity on a 747/737 is?

That plane is doing 130-150mph in real life. Doesn't look like it's doing that? Wtf camera would be on that drone that could run a high enough frame rate to handle that magical slow motion. It's fake.

There is a thread on either Commercial pilots or Phantom pilots about this.

There is documentation there that it is real along with all the info on the pilot, location, etc.

It was filmed with a high-dollar racing drone. Plane was traveling just over 200 kts.

There is a thread on either Commercial pilots or Phantom pilots about this.

There is documentation there that it is real along with all the info on the pilot, location, etc.

It was filmed with a high-dollar racing drone. Plane was traveling just over 200 kts.
Little help with a link? Went looking and all I could find was this:

FAA Violation - Another Idiot

Which is full of speculation but no actual information.

Help?

Approach about 140-148 kts depending on weight. 200 kts at that altitude on short finals would be a significant 'issue'.

That plane is doing 130-150mph in real life. Doesn't look like it's doing that? Wtf camera would be on that drone that could run a high enough frame rate to handle that magical slow motion. It's fake.
That was my first thought....ActiveCamera type addon programme with Rex weather maybe? Nice clouds [emoji38]

Given all the very tenuous reports to date on 'near misses' it seems odd that there hasn't been any mainstream coverage of this?

The camera perspective and plane perspective and speed.
How can the airplane move off its line sideways? Into the shot? also Think of when you film motor sport shots = the car speed is exponential no cameraman can keep to pace with that. Yet this guy does it by accident with a faster airplane dead centre of shot. don’t think so! more chance of filming top aerial shot Santa on a sled with reindeer

Wait a minute......... wait a gosh darn minute.............. are we all saying that there's a such thing as "FAKE NEWS"............. dear god... what does this mean for humanity?

Attachments

• drone.jpg
    drone.jpg
    103.5 KB · Views: 45
I have a couple fpv race drones, they are definitely capable of this, i am by no means saying this is right, IMHO this guy should have his ass beat! But i regress. You can build a bird that fast for $200 now. But seems like people just care about the footage and not the lives of everyone on the plane, and where the plane may come down, god forbid.

The FAA is treating this as an incident, looks very real to me I can see people on the ground in the HD-vid look very closely you can easily see vehicles on the highway not typical "sim" vehicles either, this is no simulation people. "perhaps the plane was added later in post using some effect"...

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Last edited:
I still don't know about this one. It may be legit and if it is they should make an example out of this guy for endangering so many lives. But in other versions I've seen (commercialdronepilots.com) there is definitely some editing done. There is a blurred spot that the plane actually crosses through. Either way this is the wrong way to bring attention to our hobby/ trade.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
frank2000