DRONE CATCHES FIRE DURING HERE INSTALL

It appears a lead off the harness got toasted as well. Stuff happens, you've got a shell and maybe motor pods now. B&H has a used Solo for $138 with a battery.
True, however for $199 B&H offers a New Solo package, which removes concerns about wear and tear on the motors from crashes. (At the moment, it is odd that they are asking $199 for a used Vehicle Only.)

I wish everyone having a problem was this calm. Remember the guy who refused to read instructions and blew up the entire forum and Facebook complaining and blaming everyone else?
True, however for $199 B&H offers a New Solo package, which removes concerns about wear and tear on the motors from crashes. (At the moment, it is odd that they are asking $199 for a used Vehicle Only.)
Where are you seeing the 'used' vehicle only for $199 on their webpage?

Search the B&H Photo website with "used 3DR Solo", and you should get to this webpage.

And this page offers the $199 bundle (no Gimbal). (BTW, I have no business relationship, other than being a prior customer, to B&H Photo).
I just wanted to make sure that what I found, wasn't being passed off as used. Glad to see they are still offering new birds sans gimbal for $199. I'm a customer of B & H and thinking about buying a third one. Since motor assemblies are going for $50 each, you can get spare motor assemblies and so much more for the same $199.

Reactions: skyhax
This was in the context of the OP's burnt bird. He'll have four motors, frame and other small items from his event. But sure, by all means, more is always better, right?

This was in the context of the OP's burnt bird. He'll have four motors, frame and other small items from his event. But sure, by all means, more is always better, right?
Recently I have become concerned about the reliability of any "used" Solo, especially about the condition of the motors. I won't say more until I have more information from a Supplier.

I won't say more until I have more information from a Supplier.
Rock on...first class or no class. I've been flying my 800kv T-motors for nearly two years, best money ever spent on Solo.

Always a risk in buying used, but BH seems to be decent to work with in my experiences.

Reactions: mowind
people been bashing solo motors since day one, but truth be told the number of solos lost to bad motors vs the population of birds built seems fairly low from all evidence present.
and that is with a known esc issue.
Glad I did my t-motor swap but you got to love conspiracy theories

people been bashing solo motors since day one, but truth be told the number of solos lost to bad motors vs the population of birds built seems fairly low from all evidence present.
To be clear about my intent from one recent experience: I am not bashing Solo motors, nor intending to persist a conspiracy. I received a used Solo with damaged motors. One instance. That's all.

Now you see, when asking in threads about worthwhile upgrades, no one mentioned 800kv T-motors. I wish to know more about this upgrade!

What is the known ESC issue? Does it affect your T-motors?

Very often users go into the adjustable parameters to make changes and not realize that they accidentally altered a parameter that may render the solo useless or cause damage, not saying that it's the case in this situation but it's always a possibility. Just food for thought......

Very often users go into the adjustable parameters to make changes and not realize that they accidentally altered a parameter that may render the solo useless or cause damage, not saying that it's the case in this situation but it's always a possibility. Just food for thought......
To add to that food... When using Mission Planner, and a mouse with a scroll wheel, I found it all too easy to scroll to a Parameter and change the value, then realize that I had accidentally scrolled to another parameter. Happens fast!

Then it's probably good that my ignorance of MP is still unabated. It took me 3 months just to get it downloaded properly. I remain a student with a D average.

Reactions: IrishmanPDX
I've not done business with jestersdrones and found this thread by accident.

I'm not an advanced user nor a mod'er. I have 1 solo and just use it(not that frequently at that).

That being said I was looking for something so I can launch my drone from by boat which of course points towards the green cube. I previously was lukewarm on the idea but seeing a company go ABOVE and beyond to correct something that probably wasn't their fault has gained a future customer.

You can check my post/login history and i'm not very active here but I think this thread pushed me over the edge for a Green cube and some accessories from Jesterdrones.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
No idea