Downloading footage

Reaction score
okay so im totally new to the drone world and the Solo is my first ever drone and i was wondering how i can download the footage? cause right now it just goes to my phone and it has the info bar on it and i dont like that and i would like to know how to get rid of that.

You need to remove the GoPro camera and download to your computer, either by plugging the GoPro into a USB port or by removing the SD card and plugging that into your computer.
Download and install "GoPro studio" from the GoPro website (free) and it will automatically download your video when you plug the camera into the computer.

On the GoPro under set up>
The OSD (on-screen display) setting determines whether the recording icons and file information on video and on the viewing screen appear during playback. The options for this setting
are on (default) and off.

Reactions: Maddog
okay so im totally new to the drone world and the Solo is my first ever drone and i was wondering how i can download the footage? cause right now it just goes to my phone and it has the info bar on it and i dont like that and i would like to know how to get rid of that.
Do what Maddog said. You'll be amazed at how much better the quality is than the video you have on your phone.

I want to save it to my phone so I don't always have to take the card out of my go pro and tablet and so on ... how can I do that? Sorry to hijack the thread but hoping we both can get answers. I use galaxy note 4

I want to save it to my phone so I don't always have to take the card out of my go pro and tablet and so on ... how can I do that? Sorry to hijack the thread but hoping we both can get answers. I use galaxy note 4
In the Solo settings menu there is a setting to automatically record to your device- make sure it is on. The video you get will only be 720 and is coming via wifi so the quality is usually not very good. But you can see what the GoPro recorded.

Reactions: jmeyer7526
In the Solo settings menu there is a setting to automatically record to your device- make sure it is on. The video you get will only be 720 and is coming via wifi so the quality is usually not very good. But you can see what the GoPro recorded.
Thanks! ... I have looked for the setting but apparently missed it. I will check again, I knew I read you could do it.

Maddog.... I am apparently an idiot, I already knew that part :) .. and not much the tech guy anymore, can you show a screenshot or something. I cannot find it in the settings menu, I was wondering if it was an andriod/apple thing? Again thanks for the help I need all I can get haha

No worries- I've been there myself!
Okay, start Solo app on your device. (Don't need the controller or Solo for this)
On the screen where the cars are driving by, click on "settings" button at bottom left of screen. On the next screen near the bottom are 3 selections. One says "automatically record video during shots". Move the slider to "on". That's it!

Thank so much for the time, I just tried it and I don't have those options on my settings screen... again I apologize and I swear I have seen the button. But I don't have it now, I have solo , Updates, units , voice alerts, System info, advance settings, and anonymous feedback. No other options.
Thanks

Thank so much for the time, I just tried it and I don't have those options on my settings screen... again I apologize and I swear I have seen the button. But I don't have it now, I have solo , Updates, units , voice alerts, System info, advance settings, and anonymous feedback. No other options.
Thanks
Strange, above Anonymous feedback is the slider I mentioned, and above that is Save videos to camera roll.
All three are below Advanced Settings.

Strange, above Anonymous feedback is the slider I mentioned, and above that is Save videos to camera roll.
All three are below Advanced Settings.
Exactly that is throwing me off , I literally have just the ones I typed out and no other options, are you using Android or apple?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mr M