Download System Logs from Controller and Solo

Reaction score
Last edited:
Six different ways to download system logs from the Controller/Solo (in no particular order):

1. Solo App
2. Solex App, Solex - Android Apps on Google Play
3. SCP Client, https://dev.3dr.com/advanced-logs.html
4. Matt's batch file, https://3drpilots.com/threads/automated-log-download-script-for-solo.10931
5. Wookiee App, Wookiee - Android Apps on Google Play
6. Solo CLI, GitHub - 3drobotics/solo-cli: Solo command line utilities.

Here's the link to the Wookiee tutorial,
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I removed the ads from Wookiee app.

If you try Wookiee, let me know about any problems and any enhancements you might like to see.

If you try Wookiee, let me know about any problems and any enhancements you might like to see.
Can't see how to get it to save to sd card.

Can't see how to get it to save to sd card.
And then save to specific folder on sd card.

Do you have a thread specific to your creation, or should I just keep commenting here?

I know this has not even a snowflake's chance in hell, but any prayer for a Win10 UWP? It'd be killer for me so I could use this with my Win10 phone/laptop. Currently, I use Token2Shell with a macro I wrote to grab the logs.

Just tested it this morning, landscape view would be cool

Add a donate button :)

Or did I not have my tablet on landscape (and solex defaults to landscape regardless)?

Just tried it again and no landscape mode.
No landscape until I can figure out how to program around the way Android handles screen rotation. Android can be a strange animal.
Would it be a little better if the user could choose between landscape or portrait?

And then save to specific folder on sd card.

Do you have a thread specific to your creation, or should I just keep commenting here?
This is on my list to figure out. Android devices may or may not handle sd cards the same. It shouldn't be too hard to figure out though.
For Wookiee, I cheated and just used wherever you have your Download directory configured to use.

No landscape until I can figure out how to program around the way Android handles screen rotation. Android can be a strange animal.
Would it be a little better if the user could choose between landscape or portrait?
Yeah I wouldn't care about auto rotating, just to have in landscape so when the tablet is on the controller its a little more user and neck friendly. For me this is its major advantage, being able to safely store them all between flights, without pausing operations to go into SCP on a laptop , which does take some time, especially when your trying to go as fast as you can so the light is the same on survey rows between flights

Reactions: Saijin_Naib
I know this has not even a snowflake's chance in hell, but any prayer for a Win10 UWP? It'd be killer for me so I could use this with my Win10 phone/laptop. Currently, I use Token2Shell with a macro I wrote to grab the logs.
In hindsite--I wish I had used Apache Cordova and Javascript instead and you would have been a happy guy...

Reactions: Saijin_Naib
This is on my list to figure out. Android devices may or may not handle sd cards the same. It shouldn't be too hard to figure out though.
For Wookiee, I cheated and just used wherever you have your Download directory configured to use.
OK, for now I'll see if I can change the default download location to the SD card. Had a quick look and wasn't apparent (latest tab s2 8.0). I only use the tablets for Solo, so nothing else in that folder and as long as it goes on the SD that workaround should work fine. Thanks!

OK, for now I'll see if I can change the default download location to the SD card. Had a quick look and wasn't apparent (latest tab s2 8.0). I only use the tablets for Solo, so nothing else in that folder and as long as it goes on the SD that workaround should work fine. Thanks!

Just some constructive criticism... I would have the three download options permanently on the home screen below the device and sd card section or come up automatically once connected to a controller /vehicle. Just seems an extra two clicks to have to bring them up there when that's one of the principal functions. There's plenty of ways out there to get the logs, so I reckon you should try to make it the absolute quickest and easiest... open app, click one button

Reactions: carpy
After three days of constant use for paid work I love it. Love the time date filenames. No longer need to go to the laptop. My suggestion of landscape view and a single download all button on the home screen still stand.

Also, whether it be a download all button or the three current individual download functions , from a data management point of view to reduce errors, it would be nice to have a pop up that confirms the files downloaded (like number of bins, tlogs, etc.) that stays up until you click it away. When the bins are downloading I'd like to start taking propellers off etc. So to come back and know it's been successful is peace of mind, I currently stare at it to be sure, data loss on the job isn't cool.

Happy to donate to the cause! :)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ihatethatihavetomakeanacc