Discussion done, Customer was in the wrong.

Can support block your ip for chat support?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Reaction score
Deleting this thread because answers have been provided and I was a jerk to support.

Last edited:
So cliff notes:

You bought a product, modified it, it stopped working and you contacted support for a replacement. They said "sure, send in X, Y, and Z components, and you send in X, Y, Z, A and B". They have to incur greater shipping costs sending it back, and ask you to pick up the difference of a whopping $28.

You give them sh!t, report them to the Better Business Bureau, claim it's all their fault despite the RMA stating exactly what to send back, and request transcripts of all your communications to see if you can pin it on a remark made by a support staff member.

And now they're ignoring you. And you wonder why. And you want someone's help, not to get your replacement back, but to continue in your effort to pin the whole problem on them instead of just forking over $28 for your mistake.

Did I leave anything out?

I was asked to send the Solo, 6 propellers, the controller, the charger for the controller and the charger for the smart battery back.

I sent it to them in the backpack and with the gimbal attached. Which I wasn't supposed to do. So I guess I was in the wrong. I received the drone in a backpack with the gimbal attached all as one part, so I was naive in not thinking of the gimbal and the drone as two things. I thought of them as a single unit. So yeah, I guess it's my fault. So they're charging me extra to send back the backpack (which I received the drone in) and the Gimbal (which was attached when I received the drone).
You can find out about IP blocking by logging in at your local Starbucks. Or use your phone on a cellular network.

So not to piss you off, but I can see their point. Shipping the backpack would definitely be more expensive, and non-standard. I've shipped my Solo to have work on and wrapped it in a bubble wrap and into a standard shipping box. Even so I can't see them justifying blocking your IP.

Sorry you're having a hard time.

So cliff notes:

You bought a product, modified it, it stopped working and you contacted support for a replacement.... ...instead of just forking over $28 for your mistake.

Did I leave anything out?
Nope... pretty good summation... :D

Hey, cliffs notes... not correct. Nothing modified. I never got around to modifying anything because the resets never worked for me. turns out the software, hardware was faulty. I purchased with all parts pre-connected. I was an idiot for not realizing that the gimbal was considered separate from the solo drone. Because it was delivered to me as one part, I had always thought of it was one part. A guy from tech instructed me to simply send everything back as I had received it, which is what I did. I thought I was helping by sending back in a backpack so as to prevent any damage in shipping because I didn't have specific packaging for just the solo and controller.

Tech basically told me to send in what I had as I had received, I missed the bit that said no backpack and no gimbal, I sent it.

Any other company if i send something in to be fixed, be it apple, gopro, western digital, lacie, nikon, sony, usually prefers if I send in more, and all of the items that may be involved. I had wrongly assumed 3dr would be the same. I had assumed that when I sent in a refurb I would simply send in the machine, the faulty parts would be replaced or fixed, put back in where I had sent them, and returned. Not that I would send in one cohesive unit, and have multiple separate parts returned to me later at a shipping price I had been told and assured would be covered by 3dr.

Does that make any sense?

You can find out about IP blocking by logging in at your local Starbucks. Or use your phone on a cellular network.

So not to piss you off, but I can see their point. Shipping the backpack would definitely be more expensive, and non-standard. I've shipped my Solo to have work on and wrapped it in a bubble wrap and into a standard shipping box. Even so I can't see them justifying blocking your IP.

Sorry you're having a hard time.

Thanks. yeah I checked on other devices on different wifi networks and the chat worked. went back to original and it didn't. I think it's important to note when I received the solo, It came as part of a bundle where everything was packaged together within the backpack, I assumed every intial delivery of the solo came in the way I received it. I almost considered the backpack as part of the packaging. Again, naive of me, but if thats your only order interaction with a company, surely you can assume that other people have received a similar thing.

In the end I was in the wrong and I hadn't read the fine print. I had falsely assumed that when people referred to "solo" they meant "solo and gimbal", rather than just the body of the drone itself. i sent in the backpack because I figured it would be easier to pack and easier to ship back to me with less packaging and be better for the environment yada yada yada.

I was naive. I've learned my lesson. don't assume anything. read all the fine print. lesson learned.

The OP is leaving out some details. Lying by omission of a critical detail is still lying. After you screwed up and didn't want to take responsibility for your actions, you went nuts cursing, insulting, and swearing at customer service in the chat and email. Now you act surprised that they won't talk to you. Booo hoo. So sad, too bad, I'm glad.

You posted this on the facebook group and omitted that little detail there too. Until someone asked and you admitted it. Then you deleted the post to remove the evidence since you weren't getting the response you wanted there either. So don't expect a lot more sympathy here. It's largely the same group of people, and none of us care for liars or a-holes.

Reactions: SARDG
Hmmmm, many years ago I managed a customer support team. One of my support engineers had a customer who started cursing and insulting her. I cut him off from support too.

Having worked support on Zendesk you should have expected that response to this behavior.

And BTW - how come all of a sudden my Zendesk shopping cart stopped reporting the details of a sale to me?

Just a quick note, don't use nano-protech and corrosionX on quadcopters, they'll cause problems with the barometer. You can't and shouldn't be trying to waterproof the Solo or other drones for that matter.

I deleted not to remove evidence brother man. I deleted because my question was answered.
The OP is leaving out some details. Lying by omission of a critical detail is still lying. After you screwed up and didn't want to take responsibility for your actions, you went nuts cursing, insulting, and swearing at customer service in the chat and email. Now you act surprised that they won't talk to you. Booo hoo. So sad, too bad, I'm glad.

You posted this on the facebook group and omitted that little detail there too. Until someone asked and you admitted it. Then you deleted the post to remove the evidence since you weren't getting the response you wanted there either. So don't expect a lot more sympathy here. It's largely the same group of people, and none of us care for liars or a-holes.
d

Just a quick note, don't use nano-protech and corrosionX on quadcopters, they'll cause problems with the barometer. You can't and shouldn't be trying to waterproof the Solo or other drones for that matter.
This is good to know. Thank you. I had no idea a barometer was even in the drones.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mr M