DBSMODs antenna testing... 2.5miles so far!

I have to be honest this is going to piss me off if the final speed is 33mph.
Yeah I just went out this morning and winds are 5 to 7mph, MAX SPEED today in any direction was 31.9mph. Haven't gotten more than 32.5 as of yet, I also find this to be suspect.

Well it will fly faster than low 30s in manual mode with performance cranked up. 33 is going to be top speed in Auto.

When you flip to manual and fly fast you need to watch your altitude as it will drop quickly at speed.

33 is top speed in GPS mode unless you modify some parameters in Mission planner, which is easy.
:)

what's the maximiun you can set up the speed in GPS mode?
Found this..
The maximum horizontal speed of the copter during loiter mode can be adjusted with the Loiter Speed (aka WPNAV_LOIT_SPEED) parameter on the Config/Tuning >> Copter Pids screen. The value is expressed in cm/s so 500 = 5m/s. The maximum acceleration during Loiter mode is always 1/2 of the Loiter speed

and what is the maximun cm/s the program will allow? did you try it already?

Found this..
The maximum horizontal speed of the copter during loiter mode can be adjusted with the Loiter Speed (aka WPNAV_LOIT_SPEED) parameter on the Config/Tuning >> Copter Pids screen. The value is expressed in cm/s so 500 = 5m/s. The maximum acceleration during Loiter mode is always 1/2 of the Loiter speed

Am I missing something here or what? The thread is titled: "DBS Mod 2.5 miles so far..." But when I look at the first post, there is no sign of any mod???

Am I missing something here or what? The thread is titled: "DBS Mod 2.5 miles so far..." But when I look at the first post, there is no sign of any mod???
There is no modification. DBSMods is an aftermarket antenna kit for 3DR solo.

that is just the name of the antenna.

Reactions: Terrycagg
I have had signal losses at close distances which sends my solo into RTH mode. We are talking only 500 feet and about 30 feet up. I really hope 3DR can resolve this with a solution that wont void our warranties. Ive been seeing these mods doing wonders but am reluctant to void and/or get an antenna that isnt rock solid. This one sure has me interested....3DR! Please open some doors for us to get better antennas without voiding warranty!

I have had signal losses at close distances which sends my solo into RTH mode. We are talking only 500 feet and about 30 feet up. I really hope 3DR can resolve this with a solution that wont void our warranties. Ive been seeing these mods doing wonders but am reluctant to void and/or get an antenna that isnt rock solid. This one sure has me interested....3DR! Please open some doors for us to get better antennas without voiding warranty!
I can't speak for 3DR, but it is my understanding that swapping antennas won't void your warranty. Also keep in mind that antenna positioning is important (in relaition to the Solo) as is WiFi congestion. Get the WiFi analyzer app to understand what is happening around you.

I have the FPVLR V1 antenna, and I like it a lot... Though I generally don't need it, I have been out 2000 ft for testing with no problems or RTH.

Love the whole idea and concept to this little beauty... love the way it looks ... love the features ... love the attention to open source modding in the future ... the battery mount is just one hint at how well this thing is thought out... I can see battery upgrades coming down the pipe later on as size doesn't matter as much if it doesn't have to fit inside a battery bay...

This is the early Android to the DJI "Apple" like closed source lockdown... I believe this concept will do very well and I'm along for the ride 100% from the beginning.

I am a DJI Flyer with a P2V+ and a P3P and an Inspire 1... and i love my machines... but there is something in the air with this Solo that gets me hooked... Just can't stop looking at it... going over every detail and planning what I would do first as far as mods and changing little things to suit my taste.

Hopefully they knock this one out of the park with a stable release and let the rest of us turn it into the beast it was meant to be.

(I wonder how far I can make it go) :mad:
You can probably make it go as far as jail time if you try hard enough. It's already happening to others who fly out of their sight. Law enforcement and the FAA and every State legislature believes it's dangerous and irresponsible to lose sight of your aircraft. You may want to read the paper.

Reactions: Doug Benson
If you contact 3DR they will have you perform a stick calibration that will correct your problem...I know it sounds strange but that's the fix.

Here is what I got on my Solo using a P3 DBS ANTENNA 3.6 miles

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1441315955970.jpg
    FB_IMG_1441315955970.jpg
    48.9 KB · Views: 61
  • 20150826_161819.jpg
    20150826_161819.jpg
    979.7 KB · Views: 61
  • 20150820_221409.jpg
    20150820_221409.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 61
  • 20150830_141517.jpg
    20150830_141517.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 60
Reactions: Benzo
... so this antenna is not for sale yet? I went to the website but I only see a Phantom antenna for sale...

Thanks.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alan r pfennig