DBSMODs antenna testing... 2.5miles so far!

I will write "support" and ask. They have been responsive so far. See what the "horse's mouth" says.

OK,,Here's the answer!

Hi David,

Thank you for contacting 3DR Tech Support.

Max Speed:
33 mph in FLY mode
55 mph in Manual mode

Please let us know if you have further questions.

Reactions: Wahapainan and Bren
BTW,,Support answered almost immediately!! Try that with DJI!!! Kudos 3DR!!!

You must have a better line with them. The fastest response I have got Pre and post sales is 4 days!!

Well good info but not really what I wanted to hear. I really don't want to fly without GPS to get 55mph. I need 55 mph to book back home from distance where GPS is something needed.

You have a LOT more experience in this than I do. So,,going "far out", I see your question. I think it needs to be explained further. I guess that would be: :What is GPS Lock" and what does it mean in terms of "Altitude Hold", "position as far as a representation on your device", and will RTH be able to be invoked without GPS Lock. Feeling my way along here, no bird as yet but like you, sure would like to know clear flight parameters before taking off in Fly: Manual.

Well I don't have mine as you mentioned so I am a little in the dark on what is going to happen. I would hope that 3DR would have RTH override the manual mode.

Sounds like manual mode with 3DR is similar to ATTI with the Phantom. So it should hold altitude but drift horizontally.

Normally I get the bird pointed for home and hold right stick forward and just book home. Regardless of wind if the stick is straight up it will fly a straight line home. More important if you are a mile away.

PS: from the manual.
Fly:Manual mode is a version of standard flight without GPS lock. In Fly:Manual, the throttle stick controls altitude the same way as standard flight (Fly mode). However, Fly:Manual includes no GPS positioning so that, when you release the right stick, Solo will not hold its position; it will drift according to wind conditions and existing momentum. When flying in Fly:Manual, make constant adjustment to the right stick to control Solo’s position and use the left stick to maintain Solo’s orientation.

Yeah, I got that. Maybe DBS is Braveheart, sure he's watching and listening

It might be fine :)

Just like GPS on if possible especially at distance. And really don't need to fly 55 mph nearby.

Manual mode will still have a GPS lock, it just won't be doing any assisting in your flying. It will just be like flying any other quad in manual mode. Your 'Pause' and RTH should still work if pressed..

I guess this is all academic since it seems none of us save 1 has a machine to fly. Manual says'"Fly:Manual mode is a version of standard flight without GPS lock." When "far out" I would think that the 2 most important bits of data would be telemetry (from which I think one could ascertain drift, orientation, etc) and most important Altitude Hold. To me, from the Owners Manual, it isn't at all clear, only says to use left stick to maintain orientation. What's that mean???? Yaw,,,or Yaw AND Altitude?

I guess this is all academic since it seems none of us save 1 has a machine to fly. Manual says'"Fly:Manual mode is a version of standard flight without GPS lock." When "far out" I would think that the 2 most important bits of data would be telemetry (from which I think one could ascertain drift, orientation, etc) and most important Altitude Hold. To me, from the Owners Manual, it isn't at all clear, only says to use left stick to maintain orientation. What's that mean???? Yaw,,,or Yaw AND Altitude?

I can't tell, based on what has been discussed here, whether altitude hold remains active when in manual mode. Seems like if it were full manual, you wouldn't have altitude hold and then, as the manual says, you'd use the left stick to maintain ALTITUDE orientation....

But the way the left stick is configured isn't ideal for a fully manual mode since the stick comes to rest in a neutral position instead of being free along the y axis like other manual copters.

Interesting point about the "neutral position" as "The Manual" states that Neutral Position will maintain altitude. Now that would be great if it actually works that way.

"But the way the left stick is configured isn't ideal for a fully manual mode since the stick comes to rest in a neutral position instead of being free along the y axis like other manual copters."

That was pretty much my thought as well. I think though the throttle stick having a neutral position in the middle will be a help to newer pilots. While GPS will not adjust the altitude to maintain where it is, it is also not going to climb or descend at much more than a 'drift' rate if they leave it in the middle.

I am going to reply in other manual thread as we (I started it) have taking this thread off topic.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Motoxxx1986