Creating spread sheet for drones out

Reaction score
I am creating a spread sheet to keep track of the Pros and Cons of different drones so i can make up my mind and just pick one. Help me with the topics. So far i have.
Has Gimble
Speed
Distance
GPS Mode
Controller has monitor
Has Camera
Support
US Based
Battery Time

What other stuff should i put up here?

temperature proof <<< difrent country are difrent temperature

I am creating a spread sheet to keep track of the Pros and Cons of different drones so i can make up my mind and just pick one. Help me with the topics. So far i have.
Has Gimble
Speed
Distance
GPS Mode
Controller has monitor
Has Camera
Support
US Based
Battery Time

What other stuff should i put up here?

Just curious but would being US based be a pro or a con?

I have come up with more and some of this data could be old and wrong but this is what i have so far.

Has Gimble
Speed w/ GPS On
Distance
GPS Mode
Controller has monitor
Has Camera
Good Support
US Based
Battery Charge Time
Battery Flight Time
Can use Gimbal off drone
POI
Way Points
Streaming Video
Streaming Distance
Price
Visioning Positioning
Open Source
Speed w/ GPS Off

Reactions: GoodnNuff
Here is what i have. Help me fill in the gaps

Attachments

• Drones.txt
    617 bytes · Views: 4
Aerial photography, real-estate, sunsets, sports, tooling around lol .. everything! I am a semi pro photographer as well, but a jack of all trades, by trade lol.

Aerial photography, real-estate, sunsets, sports, tooling around lol .. everything! I am a semi pro photographer as well, but a jack of all trades, by trade lol.
I went through what you are doing but without a spreadsheet.
Narrowed it down to Solo or Phantom 3 pro.

Solo has smart shots built in- very useful for video.
Solo has good tech support based in U.S.
Can remove GoPro from Solo for other uses.
You can use Tower with Solo to plan autonomous missions with waypoints, etc.

Phantom has none of that.
I got Solo- no regrets!

Hope that helps.

Reactions: Vadafallon
Really i think it's coming down to the Solo and the *cringe* Phantom. If DJI had awesome support then i would probably go with them but since they don't... well.. you know where i am going. It's scary spending all that money and not having someone with your back. My cousin is trying to get help from them right now... it's painful.

Reactions: GoodnNuff
So with the solo could i plan out a automated fly through of a disc golf course? Like under trees and what not?

Well looks like the Yuneec series is out.. no plans for way points and 15mph in GPS mode is it.

So with the solo could i plan out a automated fly through of a disc golf course? Like under trees and what not?
You can control the placement of waypoints, altitudes, drone behavior at waypoints. I haven't started using Tower myself. Search this forum or Google for more info.
Solo about 25-30 MPH in GPS.

My flight times have been around 15-20 mins but I spend a lot of time hovering while I learn to use smart shots. I don't know if this is typical or if I have a problem. Others are reporting 20 min flight times.

Reactions: Vadafallon
I would add a few things to the list, but of course they are based on my needs and wants.

-Expansion capability:
I don't know if I will need a parachute or floodlight, etc. etc. but ut is good to know these and others are possibiliyites

-Upgrade capability:
4K is coming, which means I will need to shoot at hignber resolution and down render to 4k. I don't want to have to buy a new drone to do that. HERO 5 (with 8K) is out in December.

-Mod capability:
This is a bit realted to 'open sorce" but not entirely. I am not huge on mdding, but many people have swapped GPS units, WiFi cards, Cameras, etc. etc as well as numerous configuration tweaks to get Solo to do their specific bidding. I like the idea that these things can be done, and are generally supported by 3DR (though they may void warranty). This opens up possibilities in many areas i.e Infrared mapping, etc. etc.

-Wireless tablet capability:
it is frustrating to me to have to use USB cables to connect things like tabets and controllers

-Wireless updates:
It is equally frustrating to have to connect USB cables and or put files on SD cards to update device/gimbal/controller.

I went through what you are doing but without a spreadsheet.
Narrowed it down to Solo or Phantom 3 pro.

Solo has smart shots built in- very useful for video.
Solo has good tech support based in U.S.
Can remove GoPro from Solo for other uses.
You can use Tower with Solo to plan autonomous missions with waypoints, etc.

Phantom has none of that.
I got Solo- no regrets!

Hope that helps.
I agree with all you've said BUT...P3P is cheaper, doesn't get the distorted effect of the Go Pro camera, now has added follow me and other flight modes, longer flight times (vs. fully loaded solo), has a fully functioning gimbal allowing you to switch between photo and video and settings, without landing, has sensors on the bottom for better control when indoor flying and when flying close to the ground, and has plenty availability of parts. Just playing devils advocate here....I love and own them both but for different reasons.

Reactions: Maddog
What reasons do you own the Solo? Yes i have seen all those reason *sigh* lol

I agree with all you've said BUT...P3P is cheaper, doesn't get the distorted effect of the Go Pro camera, now has added follow me and other flight modes, longer flight times (vs. fully loaded solo), has a fully functioning gimbal allowing you to switch between photo and video and settings, without landing, has sensors on the bottom for better control when indoor flying and when flying close to the ground, and has plenty availability of parts. Just playing devils advocate here....I love and own them both but for different reasons.
Excellent points! In hindsight I probably would have gone with P3P if not for the bad support. Maybe that's not as big an issue as I thought.

I would add a few things to the list, but of course they are based on my needs and wants.

-Expansion capability:
I don't know if I will need a parachute or floodlight, etc. etc. but ut is good to know these and others are possibiliyites

-Upgrade capability:
4K is coming, which means I will need to shoot at hignber resolution and down render to 4k. I don't want to have to buy a new drone to do that. HERO 5 (with 8K) is out in December.

-Mod capability:
This is a bit realted to 'open sorce" but not entirely. I am not huge on mdding, but many people have swapped GPS units, WiFi cards, Cameras, etc. etc as well as numerous configuration tweaks to get Solo to do their specific bidding. I like the idea that these things can be done, and are generally supported by 3DR (though they may void warranty). This opens up possibilities in many areas i.e Infrared mapping, etc. etc.

-Wireless tablet capability:
it is frustrating to me to have to use USB cables to connect things like tabets and controllers

-Wireless updates:
It is equally frustrating to have to connect USB cables and or put files on SD cards to update device/gimbal/controller.
Will Solo support the Hero 5?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
danny5150