Connect FLIR DUO to 3DR Solo

Reaction score
Hi,

The FLIR DUO has a USB connector for getting power and sending video, and two PWM connectors for controlling the camera. (http://www.oemcameras.com/duo.htm)

1. Can these connectors be connected to the 3DR Solo as is (accessory bay)? Or do I need an extra part for this?
2. Can I access the controls/collected footage using dronekit? Is there another way to programmatically access this using code?

Thanks

I have information on this for you as I know the FLIR Duo lead engineer, who I know has had one on a Solo. Let me get back to you though...it's the wee hours here.

also interested in your reply as I'm equipping one of my Solos with the duo as well.

I have information on this for you as I know the FLIR Duo lead engineer, who I know has had one on a Solo. Let me get back to you though...it's the wee hours here.
Hey hope to hear from you soon!

To use the Flir Duo camera, you need to take the power for the camera.
if there are technical details, I can send.
Setting camera options must work with FLIR UAS software,
You start the recording manually, on the camera or via Flir UAS
Video recording and camera angle setting is fully functional.

IMG_20180312_110012.jpg IMG_20180312_110031.jpg

To use the Flir Duo camera, you need to take the power for the camera.
if there are technical details, I can send.
Setting camera options must work with FLIR UAS software,
You start the recording manually, on the camera or via Flir UAS
Video recording and camera angle setting is fully functional.

View attachment 8185 View attachment 8186

Please send the technical details. How can I connect the camera to the drone? Do I need to buy a different cable,or is the one provided by the Solo usable? Your photo is not very clear.

Does this require the gimbal? How do I connect the DUO without the gimbal?

Does the Flir UAS software provide an interface to access the footage programmatically? If that is not possible, does it save the footage somewhere on the computer from which I can access it?
Does that run on Linux?

Thanks!

Last edited:
Looking for something like this?

You can control up to two camera functions on a duo via the Solo expansion bus PWM outputs, or via mavlink, through the Duo 10 pin USB port. I have been modifying the stock gimbal for the Duo and it works quite well. 20180507_232200_HDR.jpg

And how video will look
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Reactions: Wetstone
That's awesome! IIRC, the Flir Duo doesn't have a rear port but I don't see any buffer at the back. Is it a direct fit in the gimbal? Does it send video to the controller and can it be triggered on the transmitter or were there settings to change?

Could you post a walk through for us less knowledgeable users on how to modify the gimbal to work with the Flir Duo?

Reactions: Wetstone

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pvt solo