Solex servos and available PWM

Reaction score
I would like add a servo in Solex to control a servo I plan to attach to the accessory bay.

I realize I may have to wire PWM's 6, 7 and 8 from the main board to the extension board but it raised a more fundamental question of PWM's on a 3DR solo.
I have a stock PixHawk and running OpenSolo 4 and Solex v2.0.1. I also have a Gimbal w/camera installed.

When adding a servo to Solex, what PWM # I can specify that will make it out to the accessory bay?
Or, is my only option to do the PWM hack described here Extend 3DR Solo Accessory Bay
If I do the hack and specify PWM 6, 7 or 8 when creating the servo in Solex, will I be sacrificing the existing functionality bound to those PWM's (i.e. Gimbal tilt, Pause and ???)?

The other hack I've come across is to connect an Arduino (or other SBC) to the USB output of the accessory bay and use software to control the PWM's of the Arduino connected to the servo.
If that's the case, how can I control the servo thru either the controller or Solex?

I know thats a l lot of questions. Any advice is appreciated.

The link you posted is just a board to make connecting things cleaner and simpler. It isn't changing anything. On the main board, there are terminals you can solder to for servo output 6, 7, & 8. You can use any of those that you want. None of them have any impact on the gimbal, because the gimbal is controlled by mavlink, not a server output. You use the SERVO7_ parameters to configure servo 7 and so on.

The link you posted is just a board to make connecting things cleaner and simpler. It isn't changing anything. On the main board, there are terminals you can solder to for servo output 6, 7, & 8. You can use any of those that you want. None of them have any impact on the gimbal, because the gimbal is controlled by mavlink, not a server output. You use the SERVO7_ parameters to configure servo 7 and so on.
Yeah. I have a different breakout board for the accessory bay but I get the the gist of that hack. I could do the soldering if I really wanted to (I build my own 5" freestyle drones) but, after further reading and investigation, I'm going to pursue the Arduino hack described in Solo Servo Sweep.
I like the flexibility of having the Arduino available to me as long as I can control it from the Solo. The last piece of the puzzle is how to use either Solex or the controller to send a command/event to Solo then handled by code I write which sends the appropriate directive to the Arduino.
The latest thing I'm digging into are the "Controller: short and long hold button functions" described here OpenSolo/documentation

Hi guys! I installed Solex on a Samsung galaxy tab a7 lite, and I don't find servos and relays in the menu. It is displayed on another smartphone. What thoughts..!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Motoxxx1986