Connect 3dr solo legs like phantom

Reaction score
I'm talking about somthing to connect each leg together maybe use pvc piping or even maybe really tough foam that would connect the back and front legs together so it would be easier to catch and because it makes landing easier it's more solid landing 2 straight piece rather than 4 legs on a hill or certain surfaces. I just don't know what to use or if anyone has had this idea before. kinda like the Phantom legs but somthing a little more stable.

There's a guy on ebay who sells props for the 3dr solo and he has made legs the conncet both right front and back leg and both left front and back leg. I've asked if he plans on selling somthing like that but he hasn't put them up for sale and its been 2 months so I'm wanting to make somthing but it defiently has to be light weight. maybe 1/2 pvc piping with (2) 90` angles on both sides then fit that into the legs but I'm just wondering how to hold the pvc to the solo leg extenders..... I guess glue.

if anyone has any idea or better ideas let me know I do alot of photo shots for a rental company and I use my boat for shooting the houses at the lake and I'm tired of grabbing my 3dr mid air. or being on a really bad hill it has tipped over before and with the pvc "legs" being longer and extended I believe that will help my issues alot plus I've seen that guy add foam to his and supposedlyit will float but Idk about all that I'm just wanting ideas on how I could do this. I'm not wanting sliders so the legs are out of the picture just somthing to connect both left and right side legs any ideas??

The extra surface would increase drag in case of windy situations.
You mentioned lunching and landing on a boat, so there would be pros and cons.

If I were building something like that I would use carbon fiber extruded profiles. There are several companies on the Internet selling them as well as the accessories to attach them. Lighter and much stronger than PVC, they would allow for using small diameter tubes.

I use skate board grip tape on my batteries to ease grasping them. Placing the same on the side of the body could allow a more secure grip. Back when, the 3DR team members, would grab the solo out of the air by this air-catch method rather than by leg or some frame adapter.

I think the 4 legged design reduces tipping than a connected type bar between the legs...ala phantom and on un-even surfaces. Like mentioned before, adding more surface area to Solo is counter productive flight wise.

Tubes of whatever flavor, if sized properly, can slip over the existing legs and add clearance with little added area projected. I've seen used a variety of materials in the past, but people prefer pretty over function or cost, why the idea is not discussed.

HDPE tubing is one example used, available at any hardware type store. Reasonable light weight, easily heat formed to any shape and will retain a structural set once cooled. Think neon tubes and glass bending.

Reactions: Dash Hewes

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dachl