Reaction score
Hello,

I've been having issues when trying to arm and launch the Solo using missions in Solex. Im able to connect to the solo, load the mission into Solex but can't seem to figure out how to send the mission to the Solo, arm and launch it. The mission manual says that once you select the mission, the option to arm and launch it should come up but I dont get that option at all. Can anyone offer help here?

Savargas-
Use the search bar and enter Solex, arm and launch- see if anyone else has started the same thread- if not, be patient... assistance will arrive.

Hey buds. What tablet are you using? On my Acer Iconia everything's Disney. Yet on the ASUS MeMo pad7 the window hides under the bottom portion of the screen. Really ticks me off. When those 3 icons at the bottom of the tablet that you push to go back, Home, and whatever the other one is goes away, then I can see the window to send and arm and then take off etc. So I'm thinking your tablet may be the issue?

Hey buds. What tablet are you using? On my Acer Iconia everything's Disney. Yet on the ASUS MeMo pad7 the window hides under the bottom portion of the screen. Really ticks me off. When those 3 icons at the bottom of the tablet that you push to go back, Home, and whatever the other one is goes away, then I can see the window to send and arm and then take off etc. So I'm thinking your tablet may be the issue?
Thanks for the reply! I'm using an Asus Nexus 7 second generation. I see the three buttons you are talking about but how do you actually get them to go away?! This might be the issue.

There was also a SOLEX update this weekend, apparently improvements were made in mission upload area.
I just checked and I'm still having the same issue. artcuda mentioned that it might be the tablet I'm using that is hiding the launch buttons but I'm not sure how to correct this. Thanks for the input!

I just checked and I'm still having the same issue. artcuda mentioned that it might be the tablet I'm using that is hiding the launch buttons but I'm not sure how to correct this. Thanks for the input!
Yup. Pisses you off, huh. Me too. If you wait long enough, they'll go away, and to get them back you need to swipe from the top down on the screen. Unfortunately swiping up doesn't make them go away. When you send the mission to the drone, that works but then BAM, there are those fkn icons again....which makes it exteemely difficult to 'arm' and 'take off'. I mean, I've had luck being able to tap the button to 'start mission' sometimes, but that's after I send the mission via the tablet, arm and take off using the controller, and by that time the icons should have disappeared and you'll be able to tap 'start mission' then. There's just a sliver of space between the 'back arrow' or 'home' button on the tablet that if you're lucky you'll be able to actuate. I got it to work sometimes using a stylus. But it's tricky and more often than not you'll hit the back arrow icon or home icon....I forget. I'm really starting to think that an 8" tablet is teh solution. I mean like I said, the Acer 8" works great.
But, other than that, Mrs. Lincoln...how did you enjoy the play?

Last edited:
Reactions: savargas
Is there any way to adjust the "timeout" out of the navigation buttons? have them disappear after 3 seconds if not used? Might be worth looking into as an option.

I already checked the tablet settings and it doesn't seem like I can. I did some digging and I might be able to root the tablet and download an app that allows to do this. BUT I don't want to do this just yet since I'm actively doing research and need my tablet. We are getting by using Tower at the moment and I'm afraid if I root the tablet it will screw things up so I'm going to wait. Thanks for the feedback everyone!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pvt solo