Can’t Connect to Vehicle

No...Im in a smaller town...Kelowna, BC. Ive been asking at the hobby shops and I just get vacant stares. So there is nothing I can run in Mission Planner to diagnose a wifi problem on the Solo?

No the reason being is how the solo connects to the Wifi is through the IMX6 not the Pixhawk.

The operator can initiate control inputs from the Controller or the App. On the Controller, the mainboard receives
inputs from the joysticks, buttons, and dials and converts them to MAVlink commands. The mainboard sends the
MAVlink commands to 3DR Controller Link for transmission to Solo over the 3DR Link WiFi network. When initiated
from the App, control inputs are sent from the app over the 3DR Link network and received by 3DR Controller Link
which re-transmits the inputs to Solo over the 3DR Link network. The redirection of controls from the app is due to
the improved range of the Controller’s antennas. Solo receives the controls through 3DR Solo Link and transfers to
the data to Pixhawk via the Solo mainboard.

Telemetry data from Solo is pushed from Pixhawk to 3DR Solo Link via the mainboard and transmitted to the
Controller over the 3DR Link network. On the Controller, 3DR Controller Link receives the outputs, translates the
MAVlink commands, and displays the live values on the Controller’s screen. To transmit data to the app, 3DR
Controller Link forwards the data to the app through the 3DR Link network

Last edited:
No way to use Mission Planner to diagnose a loose sd card? Im grasping at straws...I get that. ; ) This has to be a Solo issue and not the controller correct...no reason to re-seat the sd card in the controller?

No way to use Mission Planner to diagnose a loose sd card? Im grasping at straws...I get that. ; ) This has to be a Solo issue and not the controller correct...no reason to re-seat the sd card in the controller?
I have had issues with my controller and yes it would just sit there saying looking for solo I'd open it up and re seat the SD card and Viola it worked...give it a go.....But usually the orange LED would be Solid upon boot...

Ya...the internal lights on controller lead me to believe it's not the issue...hey man...thanks for that info...very informative...even for me ; ) Ive tracked down another Solo out in Ontario...Im out $400 but I don't really see another way forward. I'll keep working on mine but I think, as it stands, it's now a source of parts for the future. I do want to say another big thank you for your time...It's greatly appreciated. You always get back to me and Ive learned a great deal about the unit...especially how to take it apart and put it back together. : ) If I 'accidentally' bring it back to life I'll let you know.

Reactions: jimloss and XevetS
Hey no problem your welcome, If I would of been in your neck of the woods I would of helped you out but I'm way down here in Florida....Having another Solo is a good thing. You may want to shop around for a spare IMX6 boards wifi module for the solo that may be the whole issue..They pop up on Fleabay all the time..

3DR Solo SoloLink OEM PCIe WiFi Card PCE3202AH | eBay

Last edited:
Reactions: jimloss
I do have one more question...after I reformat the Solo SD card and try and load OpenSolo with Win32DiskImager...or any disk imager for that matter I get an error that says...more space required then is available...sector size 512...the extra space DOES appear to contain data...and yes, the 'does' is capitalized. If the drive has been wiped how is this possible?

I totally don't understand this sd card...as I showed you in the photo I posted I get 8 disks images showing up...2 sets of four...the 'Golden' folder only shows 98mb of free space...There is one drive that has 7.1G but I get the same error no matter what drive I try and write the OpenSolo image to and if I eject one disk...no matter which one...all 8 eject...Ive never seen anything like this...what am I missing? I just want to make sure that OpenSolo is installed on the disk properly.

Format the SD card in windows observe the new SD drive letter. You should see the following window when opening win32diskmanager select devce which is the observed SD card DRIVE LETTER now search for the solo 3.0 sd card image in image file box and hit write....Pretty straight forward
1.jpg
Once win32diskmanager is done writing click the drive letter that say's GOLDEN and you should see this in the window. the other drives you see are partitions created in the SD Card...
screenshot2.jpg

I just created this image with the same file you used...

Attachments

• upload_2018-7-10_14-55-23.png
    upload_2018-7-10_14-55-23.png
    573.5 KB · Views: 10
Last edited:
Ya...I have a history with the word 'straightforward' : ) It doesn't matter which drive I select...I get the same error on each. I have since I started. It says Required 15693824 sectors Available 15523840 Sector size 512...then goes on to say 'the extra space does appear to contain data' Continue Anyway? This error has been there since before I reformatted the drives so it can't be related to that...I understand it's straightforward...that's why when I get this type of error it makes no sense.

It doesn't matter which drive I select.

OK I see your problem you need to go into disk management and format the SD card there, type disk management in the search box it will open up a new window and you will be able to delete all the partitions on the golden image SD card just right click on each one and delete once all are unallocated create a new simple volume and it will auto magically assign it a drive letter

Last edited:
ILL POST MY QUESTION HERE: i did the re flash of the SD card on the solo. it is still not seen by either the controller or the android device nor do the lights cycle. they stop on all 4 led's(exterior status on arms)green after they flash once then stay solid.
lights on controller are in the ready state as per this forum(solid red and green with flashing orange(2 x sec)
lights on solo(interior)if started with pair button down then it flashes rapidly orange and solid green.
now i start the controller in reset mode. i hold the pair button for 15 seconds then release.same result if i release the pair button as soon as i get the rapidly flashing orange.
at this point all goes well(i assume)because controller is showing proper message. so i press a button to continue and the controller and the solo are not paired. so i look for the flashing orange signal and now its solid orange. so its gone from pairing or reset mode to imx6 board error ?
the attachments show the SD card directory structures before and after the write process.i repair pc's for a living so the instructions are pretty east to follow. my question is this: after the rewrite of the SD card i see 4 partitions on the card in admin tools drive management drive manager. only explorer shows only one the 88mb partition but in the example from git hub it shows all 4.what am i doing wrong ? when i try and delete these partitions as you instructed my pc wigs out and says that partition is not accessible shut down win man console or restart pc ????? the photos show the before and afters of the write. when i try and delete the partitions in win manage console the mysterious 4th partition is not accessible.
any assistance will be greatly appreciated

Attachments

• GOLDEN.JPG
    GOLDEN.JPG
    162.5 KB · Views: 16
  • GOLDEN2.JPG
    GOLDEN2.JPG
    182.4 KB · Views: 16
  • GOLDEN4.JPG
    GOLDEN4.JPG
    36.7 KB · Views: 12
  • GOLDEN3.JPG
    GOLDEN3.JPG
    176.8 KB · Views: 16
  • GOLDEN5.JPG
    GOLDEN5.JPG
    367.1 KB · Views: 14
  • GOLDEN6.JPG
    GOLDEN6.JPG
    183.5 KB · Views: 14
  • GOLDEN7.JPG
    GOLDEN7.JPG
    183.5 KB · Views: 14
  • GOLDEN8.JPG
    GOLDEN8.JPG
    132.5 KB · Views: 12
Last edited:
You need to open the solo and connect to the Pixhawk via USB then install the Master version of Arducopter right from Mission Planner reboot and connect via USB and reinstall the Open Solo firmware on the Solo, you have a botched install or a bad WIFI/IMX board on the solo....Or just pull out the SD card on the IMX6 and flash the image for OPenSolo 3.0 to it and reinstall..If there are no hardware issues it should work....

How to from Matt >> OpenSolo/documentation

And Image here >>> https://github.com/OpenSolo/documen...3.0.0/Open.Solo.3.0.0.COPTER.SD.Card.Image.7z

hi XevetS!

i need to restore the old stock pixhawk on a black cube, but the SSWT switch doesn´t work.
is there any way to flash it or load it via USB?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gabriela