Can’t Connect to Vehicle

Last edited:
So I am connected now to the Pixhawk cube through usb...how do I go about writing data to the SD card? Can it be done this way or do I actually have to have a sd card reader? The link you sent me is using a card reader.

Alrighty...went and picked up a SD card reader...downloaded the OpenSolo copter card image...used 7z to expand the image. I then open Win32 and locate the OpenSolo image...herein lies the issue. When I put the copter SD disk in the reader I get a real mess...Ive enclosed a screenshot of the PC and the Win32 dialogue screen. When I try to write to the Golden folder it says writing to a physical device may corrupt the data...I am trying to write the image to the Golden folder...I get an error that says not enough available space...more space required then is available...it then says the extra space DOES appear to contain data...continue anyway? I have not hit OK as I don't want to destroy anything. This doesn't seem to follow the documentation from GitHub about installing OpenSolo on the copter. They make it look fairly straight forward yet Im stuck with a mess of error screens. Im enclosing a screenshot that may or may not help. The weird thing is when I put the card reader in I get 8 separate disk images...two sets of for as you can seen in the screenshot. That has me very confused.

Attachments

• ScreenShotDrone.pdf
    293.8 KB · Views: 12
In the screenshot I see two SD DRIVES that are marked F: make sure you are writing to the correct one? Format the SD card first and make sure you name it GOLDEN then try to write to it again, if that does not work the SD card is corrupt if so buy a new one and install OPenSolo on it, it needs to be at least 8 gigs or better...

Last edited:
Is there any way you can show me what the open solo sd card looks like? I can't understand why when I put a usb card reader in with one sd card it shows up as 8 separate drives...4 drives that duplicate to 8. That has me lost. Id like to see what a proper sd card formatted with open solo looks like...even if you can explain it to me that would help.

So I reformatted the drive...now I have one sdhc micro card with 7.9g on it. I still get the error when trying to write the image file that I have enclosed here. I seem to get stopped at every corner...each time I think Im getting ahead some weirdness comes along and grinds everything to a halt.

Attachments

• Recent Write Error Screenshot.png
    Recent Write Error Screenshot.png
    196.2 KB · Views: 10
This is deeply frustrating...went and got a card reader...reformatted the SDHC card from the Solo...reloaded the OpenSolo 3 image on the disk...re-installed everything back into Solo...factory reset of both Solo and controller...waited 30 minutes...tried to pair the devices and I got nothing...the controller says looking for Solo...when I click on the Solo's pair button the orange light flashes but the controller stays on looking for Solo. The inside controller status lights are still the same...solid green, flashing orange and solid red. I can connect to the controllers wifi but all of the apps say they can't connect to the vehicle no matter what. Im at the point now where I just wish I could send it to someone significantly smarter then me to get this thing up and running. I can't afford to be without it but if I can't fix it, it really doesn't matter if I have it or not. What here can I be missing...no matter what I try I get the same result.

Is there anything else I can try now that I know how to connect directly to the Pixhawk cube?

No matter what I try I get an error saying the ssh manager could not connect to Solo...it will connect and install onto the controller without any issue at all...but absolutely nothing when trying to connect to the Solo.

How can you go about tracking down and identifying bad wifi? Is there anyway to use cellular instead of wifi? I just don't understand why it worked once after I installed OpenSolo and then completely crapped out.

No matter what I try I get an error saying the ssh manager could not connect to Solo...it will connect and install onto the controller without any issue at all...but absolutely nothing when trying to connect to the Solo.
But you can USB into the Pixhawk so that rules it out Sounds like the WIFI module or the IMX has an issue check it over make sure nothing is loose I know its a daunting task but you should/will be a Solo repair expert doing so.....

Ya...expert...probably not...but I am getting good at dismantling and putting the thing back together no doubt...it's just frustrating when you think you are getting somewhere and you end up right back where you started.

Yes...I can usb into Pixhawk...makes a horrible sound but it does seem to connect

Ya...expert...probably not...but I am getting good at dismantling and putting the thing back together no doubt...it's just frustrating when you think you are getting somewhere and you end up right back where you started.
Just leave it apart when testing you dont even need to connect the Motor pods or gimbal just dont short anything

Also are the pod LEDS red in back and bluish in front when it boots?

So what would be your next step? Ive tried everything 10 times over...the list now is pretty short.

Ha...ya I figured that out the last time i had it apart...big time saver

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alan r pfennig