Can’t Connect to Vehicle

Also make sure the SD card is seated correctly in the solo 99.99% of this issue is the crappy card holder...leave the solo apart seat card boot and reseat until its working also watch the led on the solo IMX6 board as it boots it will have a green led and an orange blinking led which will turn solid when the solo connects to the controller

Right...I was just hoping against hope that by logging in to the Pixhawk cube I could run something that would show a communication error...or something...anything...a n y t h i n g! : ) Right now Im one step away from dropping it off a building and hoping it will fly.

Ya...re-seating that sd card was the first fix I heard of that I was convinced was the problem...everytime Ive put it back together I re-seat the card three times just trying to make sure it's seated right...it clicks...that's all I can say.

I will try your last idea...can't do it now but will report back what happens. Thanks again for the time and the tips.

Right...I was just hoping against hope that by logging in to the Pixhawk cube I could run something that would show a communication error...or something...anything...a n y t h i n g! : ) Right now Im one step away from dropping it off a building and hoping it will fly.
You could try a parameter reset in mission planner by connecting via USB

Look for SYSID_SW_MREV change it to 0 hit write and reboot the solo
I forgot about this one....it resets the Pixhawk not the solo that might be your issue....

Your tip about the flashing lights may help narrow this down...more later

Ok...ran that parameter to 0...now Ive restarted it...it went through a factory reset cycle then that annoying chime came on for about a minute...it went off...Solo outside lights flashed and now the Pixhawk chime is on again and not going off...who thought that was a good idea??? What should I be expecting to happen after running that parameter change in Mission Planner?

The two lights on the board inside the Solo are solid green and flashing orange

The Pixhawk cube lights up green and orange then defaults to solid green

I haven't put it all back together yet but as it stands now when it starts up that Pixhawk chime doesn't shut off but nothing has changed...can't connect to the Solo on any level.

The Solo network from the controller shows up...I connect to it but all I ever see is 'the ssh manager could not connect to Solo'

then that annoying chime came on for about a minute...
What annoying sound? SYSID_SW_MREV is the standard way to reset the Pixhawk It's done all the time when someone makes an unintended parameter change and the solo doesn't work anymore.
I'm pretty sure you have either the GPS or the Battery telem cable disconnected that is the annoying sound you hear lol...it's normal, when you put it back together the sound will go away...

Last edited:
Whenever I plug a usb cable straight into the Pixhawk it goes green and orange then just green...then the annoying loud chime goes off and just keeps repeating...not sure what the point of that is but whatever. Yes, I tried to pair the two with no luck...Im not entirely sure if it's a timing thing...I mean am I hitting the pair button at the right time...if that actually matters. Somehow, someway I would love to get some hint as to what the problem is...right now I seem to be going in circles without even a hint as to the actual issue...but I will keep trying...my idea of throwing it off a building...at least then it would fly for a few seconds. I'll report back if I get anything...Im going to retry the SYSID parameter in Mission Planner...then I will try to pair.

Whenever I plug a usb cable straight into the Pixhawk it goes green and orange then just green...then the annoying loud chime goes off and just keeps repeating...not sure what the point of that is but whatever. Yes, I tried to pair the two with no luck...Im not entirely sure if it's a timing thing...I mean am I hitting the pair button at the right time...if that actually matters. Somehow, someway I would love to get some hint as to what the problem is...right now I seem to be going in circles without even a hint as to the actual issue...but I will keep trying...my idea of throwing it off a building...at least then it would fly for a few seconds. I'll report back if I get anything...Im going to retry the SYSID parameter in Mission Planner...then I will try to pair.
If the solo is apart its the battery telemetry cable or the GPS cable that is unplugged causing that ALARM its Normal... Is this what You hear?
http://download.ardupilot.org/downloads/wiki/pixhawk_sound_files/LowBattery.wav

Ya...GPS cable was unhooked...your link wasn't the tone but lucky for me I was just listening to Volbeat really loud...so when I clicked on your link I just about fell out of my chair. : )

Wow...this really is depressing...I have put everything back together...reset everything...I turn on the Solo, it runs through it's startup...blue lights...red lights, GoPro comes on and rotates. Startup controller after reset, try and pair...nothing...just 'looking for Solo'...Ive changed the startup order...Ive done everything that's been suggested and still 'looking for Solo'. It's one thing if I was just flying the thing for fun but I have work that I will have to give up soon and that hurts. Is there any kind of diagnostic I can run in Mission Planner that would give us any kind of hint as to what the Solo is not doing?

Ive also re-seated the sd card probably 10 times as well...it clicks and seems fine...that's all I can say about that.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dachl