broken

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

So someone reply to me about my post and my issue that I’m having with my solo drone and that’s what’s going so if anyone out there can help me out please no negative comments

So someone reply to me about my post and my issue that I’m having with my solo drone and that’s what’s going so if anyone out there can help me out please no negative comments
Ok, because you started the video after you started up the solo, there's a lot of vital information missing from there. Just like the way you started fiddling about with the drone controls before we got to read the messages on the thing.

What is obvious from your video is the following:
The controller is connected to the drone (hence the "press and hold fly" message as well as the SAT info being displayed).
However you did start your drone without a camera in the Gimbal, this could prove to be very bad for your gimbal and probably explains why you're getting a flashing orange light and no gimbal movement, without a camera in there it doesn't have a counter weight and it's also getting communication errors (nothing to communicate with).
Also putting your drone on a soft bed without leg extenders basically is jamming that gimbal in place. Although in this case it's probably helping because you don't have a camera in there, but seriously dude, gimbals are sensative, delicate and easily damaged. You gotta take better care of your drone.

If you want to film this properly please do the following.

Set your camera up on a tripod, focus both the drone and the controller in the same shot (the controller should be at the forefront). Make sure there is a compatible camera in the gimbal (Gopro etc) Press record on your camera. Then, power up the controller, power up the drone. Wait and be quiet. Need to hear the tones the drone makes and need to see the order in which the lights boot.

After the drone has finished booting, show the controller in frame and do not press any buttons on the controller.

You may want to do this outdoors as we'll also need to see what happens when you press and hold the "FLY" button.

I hope this helps, and I really did try not to be negative............................ didn't even mention the bed sheets...

Last edited:

Here is my new video so hope I get help from someone mean while thanks to everyone

Have you done a full factory restore, then rebind your controller to your Solo? Also... By the UAV gods, please handle your gimbal carefully! Reafing it around like you do will not help one bit.
Hope the rebind will do the trick!

Have you done a full factory restore, then rebind your controller to your Solo? Also... By the UAV gods, please handle your gimbal carefully! Reafing it around like you do will not help one bit.

Thanks for the reply and the comment but just to be honest with you guys I’m a first-time user with drones I’m a beginner but I’ve been flying in this room for maybe about a month or three in the first time I got the drone everything was working until I did an update and stop working

Factory reset has been done couple of times drone and controller and no luck I have reinstall the app and no luck at all

If you watch the entire video, you will see that after everything (about 19 Min in), if you do not put a tool in the bind hole on the bottom of your Solo, and re-bind after all is said and done or you get what we got here.. a failure to communicate ;)

If you watch the entire video, you will see that after everything (about 19 Min in), if you do not put a tool in the bind hole on the bottom of your Solo, and re-bind after all is said and done or you get what we got here.. a failure to communicate ;)

I get the done and check mark when is done installing everything

I hate to say it, but from the way you've been manhandling the gimbal in the video, it's possible that the gimbal is damaged. Starting the drone with nothing in the gimbal at all = bad. Starting the drone with the gimbal jammed facing downward on the bed = bad.

The fact the light is flashing orange would indicate that the power is hooked up. The lack of feed is next on the list but I don't believe you managed to power on the GOPRO at all during the video (then again, I'm pretty sure I saw the GoPro battery on the bed behind the controller, so that may be a factor).

You said everything was working until you did an update. what update did you do?

Here is my new video so hope I get help from someone mean while thanks to everyone

Either borrow or buy a new gimbal that one seems to be toast, why you started it up face down on a bed is beyond me? If you updated the solo what update did you do? Be more specific try not to manhandle the Gimbals they are fragile.

Reactions: IrishmanPDX
I hate to say it, but from the way you've been manhandling the gimbal in the video, it's possible that the gimbal is damaged. Starting the drone with nothing in the gimbal at all = bad. Starting the drone with the gimbal jammed facing downward on the bed = bad.

The fact the light is flashing orange would indicate that the power is hooked up. The lack of feed is next on the list but I don't believe you managed to power on the GOPRO at all during the video (then again, I'm pretty sure I saw the GoPro battery on the bed behind the controller, so that may be a factor).

You said everything was working until you did an update. what update did you do?

Well I have like three batteries for the GoPro but the battery was on. but I mean I don’t think that has to do with the GoPro been on or off but anyways I mean I have reset the solo drone and controller as well but the light still blinking another person tell me that gimbal was doing this is because the drone was on the bed but this issue is going on for about 2 months it didn’t happen last week is been for a while

I have check all cables I have check the gimbal unplugged it and plugged back and nothing the light still blinking and the controller still says the (gimbal not found)

Also putting your drone on a soft bed without leg extenders basically is jamming that gimbal in place. Although in this case it's probably helping because you don't have a camera in there, but seriously dude, gimbals are sensative, delicate and easily damaged. You gotta take better care of your drone.

I hope this helps, and I really did try not to be negative............................ didn't even mention the bed sheets...

I was thinking the same thing...not a good idea. You funny man Irish...

Bunch of good advice given, beyond that it's up to you @Laz92704

We need to know what update you did, you still haven't answered that one. Was it the open solo upgrade? A GPS upgrade? A Green Cube update?

We need to know what update you did, you still haven't answered that one. Was it the open solo upgrade? A GPS upgrade? A Green Cube update?

Well since I factory reset the drone and the controller and I uninstall the app it said there’s was new updates so I’m guessing it did install new updates

But the problem is not how handle the gimbal I’m not here for people to tell me if I put on the bed or not like I also said this issue is not been here for a week is been here for more than one month

I’m trying to fix the issue i have specified the problem which i have reset the drone and controller also the app and nothing so if anyone had this issue and are available to help please do so

Previously I have discussed my problems with updating solo to the green cube and received lots of negative feedback. and I probably deserved it because I didn't follow directions.
I've tried to fix it by re-installing the stock cube and re-downloading the original Arducopter firmware and bringing it back to stock...and it seemed to work..it would load up and connect with the controller and I was even able to get it up in the air, but all it would do is fly in circles.
So...at this point I might as well try again, so I uploaded open solo to the copter again and re-installed the green cube, then the firmware and re-booting.re-set and uploaded the parameters, re-booted.
Everything loads up fine...ready to fly it says...until I push fly and nothing.
I've run out of things to try.

you can start laughing now.

Since you upgraded to the green cube, did you load the 3.5.x parameters as the last step in the process? If not, you will not "see" the gimbal.

Just a last ditch effort...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ihatethatihavetomakeanacc