Maybe take a backyard video of(if)it's dark enough or a empty dark secur(soccer) feild of the bird on the ground as you back away a good 50 feet or more. At least then some people would get a better idea of how far the light travels...
Sorry for edit phone autocorrected and made it sound weird since phones new.
No need to apologize, I'm sure you sound weird in real life too... :D
Actually the trick is to make the video a comparison video as the Brite Lite system is actually quite bright indeed... messes with the auto white balance in fact.

Business is booming, I like it! I'm working on a small video that shows the difference between a stock drone, a polar pro drone and the Maddog Brite Lite system.. Unfortunately I cannot fly them at night to show the difference (some of us obey the law ya know) however I am mounting them outside for filming when it gets dark. Hopefully it shows how awesome this system is!
I fly around my backyard at night all the time.:)

Reactions: IrishmanPDX
Actually the trick is to make the video a comparison video as the Brite Lite system is actually quite bright indeed... messes with the auto white balance in fact.
I’ve tried filming it in flight numerous times and it is a pain. Something to do with that shutter opening & closing thing and a flashing light not being in sync.:eek:

Not to mention not many cameras are as good as the human eye.

You wouldn't be wrong ;) and I want aware of that. Learn something new every day. And maddog you are right. I forgot about the shutter speed. We used to have to match the shutter speed to older tv refresh that went side to side... or up and down ....I forget , to see clear image, I would assume it's the same concept.

I’d like to add my name to the list if your still accepting names... that video is a definite sales tool... [emoji6]

Hey Maddog what's a realistic estimate of when they first batch will be heading out. I'm not selfish. You can put me down for the last ones

Hey Maddog what's a realistic estimate of when they first batch will be heading out. I'm not selfish. You can put me down for the last ones
About 3 weeks - hopefully sooner as parts get here and I finish up my furniture order. It’s almost done- I’m tired of making sawdust.

Thanks general. If you want send me a private message. I can get some materials for free here in NYC.

I fly around my backyard at night all the time.:)
My backyard is surrounded by very tall tree's, so every flight there is manual. Plus the FAA comes knocking at your door, you get a slap on the wrist. They come knocking at my door, I get deported. :eek:

Last edited:
My backyard is surrounded by very tall tree's, so every flight there is manual. Plus the FAA comes knocking at your door, you get a slap on the write. They come knocking at my door, I get deported. :eek:

I’ve heard that the Irish are pretty dangerous characters....

I’ve tried filming it in flight numerous times and it is a pain. Something to do with that shutter opening & closing thing and a flashing light not being in sync.:eek:

Not to mention not many cameras are as good as the human eye.
Aye, I was thinking of using a very high shutter speed to stop the visual tear effect I've seen in other video's. Up close it's just going to be messy anyway. I'm thinking of doing the following:

Close up shot with a very dark filter. Show Stock, Polar and Brite Lite system (same settings all the way).

Then place a drone down on a tree stump far away and again, compare the three.

Finally do a daylight flight and maybe a dusk flight, again, show the difference between the three.

Thank you again for your service. Your honesty is commendable and is not at all a rarity from what I know of your fellows in service.

Now, have I got a deal for you on a boat!!!!
Bust out another thousand?? I can’t afford a boat!

I want to see some of this furniture dammit! I will take another set of lights Mark. Hmmmmm. price? Well we have no idea how to put a price tag on this device but I’ll tell you this-
Anyone who will stand behind their product as you have, has gained my respect. When Learning2Fly’s Solo flew away and was lost, you never even hesitated. Without L2F asking, you offered to send him a replacement set of Brite Lites and he wasn’t the only one! Another member’s drone crashed in the water and you extended the same courtesy. I know Solo owners appreciated the gesture taking away a little of the financial sting of losing several hundred dollars in drone, gimbal and customization. You set the price and I’ll send my payment; my trust, you’ve earned that long ago.
I’ll also take a couch, coffee table and two end tables. Also throw in a dining room table, big enough for 8, of course with chairs. And a bedroom set- king size please. And some lights, I know you make these, they don’t need to strobe cause they will sit on those end tables. And some porch furniture. Something nice and comfy- but not too fancy, or the hodlums will steal them. Maybe a nice entertainment center too. Add it all up- Do you accept Visa?

Maddog will you by any chance be rebuilding batterys in the future useing old BMS with same size cells to make it simple and reliable without any new mods if old ones get sent in? I cant solder if my life depended on it. Shakey hands you see. If anything can you point me in the right direction to someone who might be interested in the near future?. I know this isnt the place to ask but you have earned everyone trust and I would like to hear your recommendation since your word is good as gold.

Maddog will you by any chance be rebuilding batterys in the future useing old BMS with same size cells to make it simple and reliable without any new mods if old ones get sent in? I cant solder if my life depended on it. Shakey hands you see. If anything can you point me in the right direction to someone who might be interested in the near future?. I know this isnt the place to ask but you have earned everyone trust and I would like to hear your recommendation since your word is good as gold.
If you’re concerned about batteries for Solo- buy several from B&H are get the warranty- they offer two warranty options; but also realize- the batteries are serial numbered and only the batteries listed on your receipt will be covered.

If you’re concerned about batteries for Solo- buy several from B&H are get the warranty- they offer two warranty options; but also realize- the batteries are serial numbered and only the batteries listed on your receipt will be covered.
buy the batteries and get the warranty-
2 year- $5.99
3 years- $8.99
B&H will have to attempt to keep you flying for 3 years or refund your warranty cost

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Minh44