Brand New Solo $129 at B&H

What time did you order at ? It even say the backpack in my order is backorderd but you can still by them on site.
And the used gimbal i bought early thursday morning was supposed to ship today but didn't.

yup yup. One Solo in the hand is better than two in the bush, pond lake or ocean!!

I just got my 8th one today from B & H. (Lost two full kits in the drink last year)
For $299 I got:
Solo/Controller/battery (normal Kit)
Backpack
3DR Tablet Hood
extra Battery
extra pair of legs and props
Go Pro Lens hood (odd this was sold extra from 3DR)

I surely wish I could of got the three I paid retail for in 2015 when they first came out.
With that said, I love SOLO and have had a great time with SOLO despite all the crazy money I spent.

because b&h had that bundle today on a black friday sale for $159- but they ran out of 3DR BACKPACKS and substituted a Lowepro Drone carry bag-

I was late and paid 159.00 and got that lowepro carry case thing. Still a steal at 159.00, is that really 2 flight batteries in the bundle!?

I ordered mine at 12:08am Friday morning - just after it went on sale. I don't care what case it ships with, it's like getting the Solo free. It was a Solo bonanza boys!

I ordered mine at 12:08am Friday morning - just after it went on sale. I don't care what case it ships with, it's like getting the Solo free. It was a Solo bonanza boys!
Yea I did some quick math on all the items in the kit besides the Solo and we're basically getting the bird free.

I read it as 2 batteries total. 1 that comes with the Solo, and 1 extra.

Nope, it's the 1 battery packaged with the quad and 2 spare batteries (as shown on the list of items being shipped on my order), for a total of 3 batteries.

Here's a shot of the items B+H are sending out on my order, note the quantity circled in red:

View media item 714

Last edited:
On my list I see Solo, battery, charger, additional battery, and extended controller battery, plus other accessories.

So I'm pretty new to this. Like... Haven't even gotten a Solo yet. But... It's on order!

I was lucky enough to get the 159 deal with the solo backpack before they ran out.

My question is this...

Is there a chance that mine could come with the Rev B GPS board?

I'm not sure if I've been reading things correctly regarding this. I thought they were all A and that someone would behave to upgrade it to B.

Then, lastnight I saw a video of someone saying they pulled their battery tray to check which version they had.

Is there a chance that mine could come with the Rev B GPS board?

Yes, but it depends on how old the inventory they are clearing out is. If they are clearing out remaining stock from B+H Photo and they've been shipping Rev B for a while, then the odds are real good.

But if this is old inventory from 3DR that's been laying around for a while that they gave to B+H to liquidate for them, Rev A GPSes might be in all our futures!

Let's hope for clearing out more recent stock, as less crappy is ALWAYS better than more crappy...

PS- Let's also hope for newer stock for the sake of the batteries as well!!

I purchased a solo a few weeks ago, Rev B. I purchased one last week, Rev A. The most recent one was originally intended for the UK because it had UK and USA wall plugs.

Reactions: E M
Hey; does it really matter? Everybody on this forum for most part, wants to tinker & modify SOLO - making it perform better than the day it was delivered. Rev A or Rev B will keep you entertained for a while; but then you’ll keep reading this forum like a responsible Solo owner and you’ll be asking yourself- What is Open Solo? And what is this MRO, HERE and GREEN CUBE everyone keeps speaking of?? And that’s it! You will seek, find and purchase some of these ingenious modified parts and your Rev A or Rev B will be replaced with a superior product and either go on your workbench or on ebay or in the trash. And you will be AMAZED at what Solo enthusiasts/engineers have developed for you ( for FREE ) to allow you the ability to operate Solo safely without being dependent on Solo for support! And you will wonder why you didn’t do this a while ago, because this drone is bad-ass! Welcome to Solo; a drone with UNLIMITED possibilities ( thanks to those that sweat and continuously strive to make Solo better!!) can’t say that about your DJI. It sucks but it’s reality, not trying to hurt your feelings Phantom owners; but you should have bought a Solo.

Reactions: E M
I purchased a solo a few weeks ago, Rev B. I purchased one last week, Rev A. The most recent one was originally intended for the UK because it had UK and USA wall plugs.

I got in early. I ordered mine right when the sale started; saw the deal on another shopping forum, so my order processed real fast on Friday.

I received the Solo and 3DR backpack today. The "original sale package" accessories haven't shipped yet. I think my 2 packages made the last UPS truck before the Friday afternoon Sabboth shutdown at B&H.

Pictures may follow, but the Solo shipped in the brown outer box. It was retapped with clear tape, and the serial number sticker on the brown box was covered with another bar code sticker. So I thought Oh Oh, here comes a refurb or return.

The inner Solo box was retaped with the round stickers on the two tabs. After opening it, the black Solo carry container had the strap this time, unlike the missing strap from the one I received from Amazon earlier this month.

Three reactions when I opened it:
1) there was a battery charger power cable loose under motor pod 4 and
2) there was a controller charger cable on top of one of the accessory boxes and
3) the motors had the paper covers wrapped around the motor on the outside, unike my original from last year, where there was a round cover on top of the motor. There is no plactic on top of the motor pods. Oh Oh - again.

The accessory boxes were sealed well, unlike the Amazon one from earlier this month (those stickers barely held on).

The controller looked new, but had some marks on the underside.

Once I opened the two accessory boxes I remembered the post from @Perspective - UK power plugs and US power plugs. Yes indeed, I received the export version of Solo. Each accessory box contained the UK wall plug for the battery charger and the controller.

So if I ever fly in the UK, I will have not have to buy and adapter!

I just wonder what TX and RX frequency is defaulted on the controller - US or EU?

The battery is the second generation (with the Chinese writing), just like the one's Amazon was selling earlier this month.

GPS is green board - Rev A. But I'm changing it anyway.

Sorry, I haven't tested it out yet.

The last 4 digits of the serial number ends in a number lower than 3000.

Seems like new. Hope the accessory package is what was stated at my time of order.

Long live Solo!

Last edited:
Hey; does it really matter? Everybody on this forum for most part, wants to tinker & modify SOLO - making it perform better than the day it was delivered. Rev A or Rev B will keep you entertained for a while; but then you’ll keep reading this forum like a responsible Solo owner and you’ll be asking yourself- What is Open Solo? And what is this MRO, HERE and GREEN CUBE everyone keeps speaking of?? And that’s it! You will seek, find and purchase some of these ingenious modified parts and your Rev A or Rev B will be replaced with a superior product and either go on your workbench or on ebay or in the trash. And you will be AMAZED at what Solo enthusiasts/engineers have developed for you ( for FREE ) to allow you the ability to operate Solo safely without being dependent on Solo for support! And you will wonder why you didn’t do this a while ago, because this drone is bad-ass! Welcome to Solo; a drone with UNLIMITED possibilities ( thanks to those that sweat and continuously strive to make Solo better!!) can’t say that about your DJI. It sucks but it’s reality, not trying to hurt your feelings Phantom owners; but you should have bought a Solo.

^ what he said!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Minh44