Black screen with gimbal / video feed when directly connected

Reaction score
Let me clarify. I don't have a direct video feed while using the gimbal. I've taken it apart and made sure it was snug, tried different boot up combinations, changed the firmware on the GoPro the whole nine yards... when I took the gimbal off and plugged it in directly to the GoPro... BAM I SAW MY BEAUTIFUL FACE!

Anyone have suggestions? I bought a relish3d flat ribbon cable (still being shipped) to replace the existing one, but until then I don't know what else to try. Could it be the gimbal connection itself? Is the gimbal faulty? I just want to know if others have had this problem as I want to make sure I replace the gimbal while it's under 30 day warranty.

Kind Regards,
Brian

I had a similar problem.
connect as normal until you see the black screen.
Open the 3dr app, change from video mode to picture mode within the app, think its beside the record button.
Switch it to photo mode and then back again.
That solved my problem.
Hope it helps.

I could use some help please. I have a hero4 and no gimbal just using HDMI from drone to gopro, I can't get picture any suggestions

Yeah, but chill out a bit. Spamming every video thread will not endear you to anyone, nor will it get your answer any sooner.

Have you done any basic troubleshooting ? I.e. determined if the go pro is actually outputting video on the HDMI port ?

Turn the thing on and plug it into a television with the cable that should've come with it.

If it produces an image on the television then come back and we'll go from there.

I got it on ebay so I'll have to go to Walmart or best buy in the morning and buy a HDMI to micro HDMI cord.

Also when I just hit rec..and took it for a flight. When I watched it on the screen on the back of the gopro it was like in fast forward...I don't know if that helps

Sounds like you have either a crappy GoPro or crappy MicroSD card at the very least.

I took solo apart unplugged hdmi and plugged it back in. Put it all back together and it worked. But now same thing is happening so it's not the gopro output

Did. You. Do. Basic. Troubleshooting. ?

Does it produce an image on the television?

The sped up footage points to a problem with the MicroSD card or the device writing to it (the GoPRO in this case).

You can flail around claiming it isn't this or it isn't that, or you can take a systematic approach. I know what I'd do, but I'm weird and suchlike .

Yeah gopro works fine there is a image on the TV. There was a cheap 16g SD card I found so that's what that was.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pvt solo