BLACK FRIDAY $99 Solos?? (yeah right)

Reaction score
Joking of course but I guess the main question is-- given that they're not making them anymore-- how many Solos are still out there in the distribution channels and how will "the end" come? Perhaps the big sellers like BB & B&H shoppers will get the ol' "out of stock" message. Some other vendors may still have a few available but probably at prices higher than the big guys.

Eventually the only Solos available will probably be on sites like eBay where right now one can by a slightly used Solo for the incredible low price of $1,999!
4sale.jpg

My local Best Buy as of last night has 1 new Solo and 1 open box. I was told they will no longer stock 3DR once sold out, however they will bring Solo in from another Best Buy if available

The one I went to has no more batteries (sorry bout that to anyone going to Pearl Ridge, HI), Honolulu still has some.
If they go lower they'll be worth snapping up just for the PH2, plus parts

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ordered one from B&H and will receive it tomorrow. $399.00 with extra battery and gimbal. I have a phantom 4 I love, except the fact DJI can shot it down any time they want.

Looks like it will be $349 at least. With a battery, a prop pack, a gimbal and a backpack.

Collins is also doing the same with $3.5 million VC money.

Sharing this.... Apart from the hardware, sitescan is taking this approach on with autodesk. Will these save them...we are not talking solo now but 3DR.....!!

http://unmanned-aerial.com/3dr-brings-new-drone-capabilities-to-construction/

I am married to someone who happens to work in the design industry and works with Autodesk. I've spoken with several of her colleagues in regard to the usefulness of "Site Scan"

I gave her people a basic presentation using models and images I received from 3DR. I even have the Autodesk suite at home and wanted to sign on to the site scan program so bad I could taste it.

I got as far as data acquisition ... acquiring aerial images for the purpose of creating models which would be used for concept drawings and architectural design. That's where it ended ...

I've read "I'm making money with my Solo" but I'm not clear on what that means. The people I met with manage multimillion dollar building projects, and while they were intrigued with the concept of using a drone, they all seemed to be content doing it they way they've been doing it.

Perhaps the millieneal generation will adopt this concept. I can tell you the idea of buying your own drone and paying for software - 3DR's current offering" was not even a consideration for these people; and I can also tell you if anyone was going to bite, these Georgia Tech people would be the group.

I think Site Scan crosses too many boundaries ... in order for it to work everyone involved on a project - architects, designers, surveyors, planners, artists, etc - must be on the same page and agree. I don't think that's the case here.

I think Colin is a brilliant man. He helped to design and bring to market an awesome product - Solo. I think he overlooked corporate viability and it's obvious he overestimated the market.

That said, Colin got to fly around the world and create some very cool videos at the expensive of investors. I think Site Scan is the next free ride for Colin. I am basing my opinion on what I've learned from industry professionals and from the woman I'm married to that still prefers to hand draw her own plans - to scale - and who creates concept drawings from photographs.

I don't know whom you know at Autodesk. You need to contact recap 360 development team if you want to know more.

I Procured and owed Sitecan with sony UMC R10C. 360recap and A360 was part of the sitescan purchase.! did not cost extra.. FYI.. Architects use is 1% ( some use) of the use. The data is collected from this hardware/app and processed for all related professionals to use. I don't collect photos and hand that over to people. SOLO files smartly for me. SITESCAN gives the exchangeable data back to me. I finalise the get everyone (architects, designers, surveyors, planners, artists,) to use. and some Says WOW , how did you do that , how long did take you to do it, etc... This is the inside ! Not hear say!

I Procured and owed Sitecan with sony UMC R10C. 360recap and A360 was part of the sitescan purchase.! did not cost extra.. FYI.. Architects use is 1% ( some use) of the use. The data is collected from this hardware/app and processed for all related professionals to use. I don't collect photos and hand that over to people. SOLO files smartly for me. SITESCAN gives the exchangeable data back to me. I finalise the get everyone (architects, designers, surveyors, planners, artists,) to use. and some Says WOW , how did you do that , how long did take you to do it, etc... This is the inside ! Not hear say!

I got to "wow" ... where's home base for you?

I'm on the wrong side of the pond ... I may be going out on a limb here but I don't think the US market has as many progressive thinkers as our friends on your side of the world

I presented this concept to a huge concrete company for measuring materials - they looked at me like I was crazy. They did however enjoy watching Solo fly around.

I've encountered a lot of "oh a drone - my son has one of them" ... I think people here view drones as toys that are capable of invading their privacy. I'm working on improving the image

Surface mining industry I believe is driving force st this time, but construction industry is not far behind.

I'm on the wrong side of the pond ... I may be going out on a limb here but I don't think the US market has as many progressive thinkers as our friends on your side of the world

I presented this concept to a huge concrete company for measuring materials - they looked at me like I was crazy. They did however enjoy watching Solo fly around.

I've encountered a lot of "oh a drone - my son has one of them" ... I think people here view drones as toys that are capable of invading their privacy. I'm working on improving the image
I get a lot of "that's neat" or "WOW that is so cool where do I get one" and yes "My kid has one at home" when I'm out flying. The thing to do here is to take the time to explain the differences between a hobby or toy QUAD and the Solo. It's funny how quickly people start to realize that this is not their kids toy. I also take the time to explain the complexity of flying in manual mode it's about this time that their eyes glaze over and their mouths are hanging open. If they are still thinking this is easy I get into the FAA regulations for commercial use and that usually wakes them up to the reality that not all "and I hate the word" drones are toys.

H-

Reactions: Solo Keith

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
apicasso