Best Case for 3DR Solo?

Reaction score
What you're using? How you like it? Enough space included for...??

redjr

Genuine 3DR backpacks are going for under 100 bucks.

Just ordered the above after a bit of research. Also found out that B&H is taking back a defective Solo battery. They have some pretty rick-bottom pricing on the drones and accessories. While they last.

Just getting into Solo at these fire sale prices. I know they're a couple years old, but a real bargain now and an active developer and modding community. Got a gimbal off eBay, new for $176. New M8N GPS from mRobotics.

Just ordered the above after a bit of research. Also found out that B&H is taking back a defective Solo battery. They have some pretty rick-bottom pricing on the drones and accessories. While they last.
I've been wanting the 3DR backpack but the wife is upset with my overspending recently on drones and accessories so I won't be getting one for awhile lol

Reactions: xchuiix
I've been wanting the 3DR backpack but the wife is upset with my overspending recently on drones and accessories so I won't be getting one for awhile lol
Well if you change your mind, B & H has them for $79.00 with free standard shipping. No tax outside NJ and NY either. I'm in CT and they gets things here almost the next day. Remember when negotiating with the wife... "It's easier to ask forgiveness than permission." :) But I also believe you should be open and honest with your significant other when it comes to money matters - all matters for that fact!

Reactions: xchuiix
Yeah, I hear you. It's almost impossible to take a drone by itself without some sort of carrying case. I have on occasion taken my Q500 and put it in the trunk sans case, but it's not my first choice. They do need protecting for any kind of serious traveling for sure.

Well if you change your mind, B & H has them for $79.00 with free standard shipping. No tax outside NJ and NY either. I'm in CT and they gets things here almost the next day. Remember when negotiating with the wife... "It's easier to ask forgiveness than permission." :) But I also believe you should be open and honest with your significant other when it comes to money matters - all matters for that fact!
That price is pretty good. Hopefully they're still available in a few weeks.

I have the 3DR backpack too. I really like that I can carry it on my back leaving my hands free. I thought about a hard case but that takes a hand to carry and others said they got tiring to carry pretty quick.

Reactions: Travelfox
The backpack is nice as a snatch sack- grab and go; but the rigid cases are great for travel- train, bus or plane. If you asked Rich West- he probably would recommend a rigid case for transport purposes in the back of a pick up when transporting both drone and a case of 9 mm ammo. ( messed up his gimbal when ammo crushed gimbal.)

20171013_103733.jpg I like the tatical cases, I have one from GPC and one from Drone Crates. The left one is carry only, the right has wheels and a pull out handle like airport luggage. Love them both, very well made. I'll upload a pic of the two open when I get home in a few hours

Reactions: RichWest
Here is a pic of the hard cases open.

Attachments

• 20171028_071838.jpg
    20171028_071838.jpg
    4.5 MB · Views: 46
Did you order those precut for Solo?
They both carry enough accessories to keep you in the air for a bit. NICE.

They come exactly as shown in the pics, minus solo and accessories. Room for batteries, chargers, props, gopro (or clone), tablet of you choice and even a few other do-dads. My buddy cut the 3DR logo's out of carbon fiber pattern vinyl on his wife's Cricut 3D cutter. (The outside decals)

The Drone Crates with wheels is $205 on Amazon, GPC is $212 at B&H Photo

I have the 3DR backpack too. I really like that I can carry it on my back leaving my hands free. I thought about a hard case but that takes a hand to carry and others said they got tiring to carry pretty quick.
I ordered my 3DR backpack yesterday! I can't wait to use it when I go camping and on road trips.

Reactions: Maddog

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pvt solo