Battery after solo went into fresh water.

Reaction score
Website
edbeckphotography.com
My Solo went into fresh water today.

My question is about the battery.

I've taken the battery off of Solo. The furthest left LED is on bright. The rest are on dim. It's outside in the shade.

Are there any other precautions I should take so the battery doesn't catch fire, explode, or corrode all over my driveway?

I don't plan on ever using this battery again.

I've taken the tray off of Solo and am letting it dry. Condition unknown.

If you're wondering how this happened, I let it get to close to some trees. It lost GPS lock and drifted towards the trees. I took manual control and issued a full aft command but I was obviously too slow.
I have flown manual for practice, I guess I was caught by surprise and didn't react fast enough.

Thanks.

Reactions: unashamed
I'd open that casing up and either dry it out throughly, or salvage the electronics and replace the lipo packs.

I'd be rinsing it out well, and probably using a good force of water to rinse out the motors, I think a rinse with alcohol helps remove the final traces of water before other drying steps.

Ed FYI at the store see if they have 91% alcohol it has much less water then the normal 70%. Turn the motors to see how free they are and I would oil the bearings with T-ful Teflon oil. Don't over oil and use a Q-tip for any excess.

Reactions: Ed Beck
Soak all components in methylated spirits then leave to dry/evaporate this will remove the water faster and safely

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gabriela