Autopilot Firmware Upgrade from 1.3.1 to 1.5.3

No because the only thing you're modifying is the vehicle.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk
You will need to do a level calibration however or your controller will continue to scream about level calibration.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

One question guys, I'm reading through Github and realized that there are many previous updates to the firmware. Does this latest 1.5.3 includes all new and previous changes? Or should I install each firmware subsequently in order to gain the functionality/changes added with each update? Thanks

One question guys, I'm reading through Github and realized that there are many previous updates to the firmware. Does this latest 1.5.3 includes all new and previous changes? Or should I install each firmware subsequently in order to gain the functionality/changes added with each update? Thanks

They are cumulative.

Thanks for the testing and reporting on this. I've noted the comments re: FS_BATT_CURR_RTL from @Pedals2Paddles . Most of what I do is pretty close to launch point and I occasionally push below 20% to get that last shot or two, so I'll need to adjust that.

Are there any other parameters that may require some tweaking after the update?

Feeling a little sick to my stomach here guys. I think I screwed up the upgrade, or something didn't go right. I successfully connected to solo the first time, followed all instructions. When I rebooted, solo lights went into party mode as expected, but after 10 mins, it was still cycling the lights. That didn't seem right (and here's where I screwed up) so I powered Solo off. Now I can't connect to solo again. Then I tried a factory reset, but no luck.

Have I bricked it? Is it time to switch to my backup? Is there a way to make a serial connection to the pixhawk and restore the firmware there?

The PIxhawk has a USB port that should be able to be connected, but that requires a disassembly to do so. I'm not near as familiar with the second gen Pixhawk as I am the gen 1 (used for DIY rigs)

Pull the battery from the controller and the solo for a few seconds, then put them back. Turn everything on and see what happens. If it doesn't work, do the full factory reset of the solo and the controller again.

Three factory reset sequences later and the Solo still can't be found through the app or WinSCP. Maybe it's time to make this one my parts bird.

I think the lesson here is, be patient and wait for the upgrade to finish even if it seems like it's taking longer than it should.

Last edited:
Three factory reset sequences later and the Solo still can't be found through the app or WinSCP. Maybe it's time to make this one my parts bird.

I think the lesson here is, be patient and wait for the upgrade to finish even if it seems like it's taking longer than it should.

Kinda curious how this would brick your unit. Shouldnt the WiFI cards not be affected? wouldnt this just brick the pixhawk unit? You could source a new board.

Kinda curious how this would brick your unit. Shouldnt the WiFI cards not be affected? wouldnt this just brick the pixhawk unit? You could source a new board.
Bad phrasing. It's not "bricked," but I am not able to get the controller to connect to Solo. I did open it up and connect to the pixhawk usb and tried to roll back the firmware with MP. Some interesting new musical bleeps, but no luck.

Has anyone done a youtube video on how to upgrade the firmware? Can we use APM mission planner to upgrade the firmware?

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I made one, let me know what you think

Bad phrasing. It's not "bricked," but I am not able to get the controller to connect to Solo. I did open it up and connect to the pixhawk usb and tried to roll back the firmware with MP. Some interesting new musical bleeps, but no luck.

Mine did this.

Turn the controller off.
Open the battery cover on the controller remove the connection to the battery wait a minute refit and try again.

It sorted mine straight away.

Hope this helps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I made one, let me know what you think

Yep that about sums it up.

Good video welcome MaYHem

1 question though.
I have not tried the latest version yet 1.5.3.

What are the differences?
If you don't mind?

Many thanks

-Steve

Confirmed it no longer will allow you to go too fast to maintain altitude in Fly, Fly Manual, Smart Shots, or Auto Missions! All altitude managed modes will prioritize altitude over speed.

I put the latest 1.5.3 on it. All is well.

Confirmed it no longer will allow you to go too fast to maintain altitude in Fly, Fly Manual, Smart Shots, or Auto Missions! All altitude managed modes will prioritize altitude over speed.

I put the latest 1.5.3 on it. All is well.

That's a good thing really.
I have nearly lost her a few times fly a bit far away.

Cool I will try it then (1.5.3)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
apicasso