ATT 3DR - Please revisit Gimbal and Flight Controls

Reaction score
Several improvements needed:
  1. Start/Stop Record on the left Gimbal Tilt control is quite PROBLEMATIC. Please create a dedicated button, or the option to disable that functionality because I have hit it several times without being aware of it and end up never recording anything, double tapping it, or cutting off a recording.
  2. Gimbal Tilt control is not practical in its current design for smooth accurate use during live shots you are recording. It works fine for setting points and make adjustments prior to getting a shot, but if you want to perform a Gimbal Tilt adjustment manually during a shot it is almost impossible.
  3. SIDENOTE: I have stopped even attempting to use CableCam because it cuts my battery flytime down to a third. First of all GPS and Fly Mode suck battery life like nobody business, add the time involved in lining up a cablecam shot, and i'm lucky to get 7 or 8 minutes. So because I fly manual 90% of the time, smooth, precise, and adjust rate on the Gimbal Tilt is essential. I can fly 18 to 20+ minutes in Manual Mode (onetime I got 23 min with gimbal and go pro because I didn't fight the wind), in Fly Mode I get 12 to 15 minutes.
  4. Also, more precise, accurate, adjustable, flight controls designed for flying in Manual Mode are really needed.

What?!??! Maybe that's why I didn't get the shot of that wedded couple with a most glorious sunset while tracking them. Do you mean to tell me that the gimbal tilt control has something to do with start and stop recording? Holey Moley!

You can use the paddle on the tilt control to change the angle of your gimbal. There is a depression on each side of the paddle, that you can press down on to start/stop recording in video mode, or to take a picture while in camera mode. I use it most of the time, rather than the touch screen on my tablet.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alan r pfennig