Apparently GoPro control in a week

Reaction score
I use Tower a lot now that it has video and I can take pics and video, and also don't change settings while flying, but I know a lot of people are anxiously awaiting GoPro control (in addition to recording) and just saw this.

"Hi All, our GP control should be out in about a week! We're just testing now. Want to make sure all the bugs are gone before we release.
~Vu Tran~"

For those not in the know, Vu Tran is VP of support for 3DR

Two questions does this include the FPS, resolution ect...

And does this update include the OS X users too?

Reactions: Earldgrayjr
I like how they are just testing now.... When the promo vids showed it already in the app back during the summer

They had a lot when they announced it at nab such as the optical flow. What I would like to know is the supposed led lights will that be for flying at night type thing almost like head lights or what. The settings change will be helpful. Is 2.7k at 24 fps a good setting though at medium view?

I am using the Hero 3+ Black I don't have the 4 only because when the 5 comes out I am hoping the Solo has a compatibility with it as well.

They had a lot when they announced it at nab such as the optical flow. What I would like to know is the supposed led lights will that be for flying at night type thing almost like head lights or what. The settings change will be helpful. Is 2.7k at 24 fps a good setting though at medium view?
Yes, that's a good setting, but you may want to try at 48 and 60 fps as well. I normally shoot at 60 then speed it up in post if I want normal speed. Makes for smoother motion.

Reactions: Adimuzio513
I use Tower a lot now that it has video and I can take pics and video, and also don't change settings while flying, but I know a lot of people are anxiously awaiting GoPro control (in addition to recording) and just saw this.

"Hi All, our GP control should be out in about a week! We're just testing now. Want to make sure all the bugs are gone before we release.
~Vu Tran~"

For those not in the know, Vu Tran is VP of support for 3DR

That's great! Where did you see this? In a forum?

Given nighttime flights are banned I wouldn't think so...
wow really that does make sense but its probably more of a warning type light than I would imagine. Where is the Facebook forum everyone is taking about by the way?

I like how they are just testing now.... When the promo vids showed it already in the app back during the summer
Like the training app? It works on display, but they wont send it to us??? Lots of false advertising...

A correct statement is 3DR is retesting the GoPro control. This supposedly worked before the gimbal release but at some point GoPro changed their API with notification which meant 3DR had to go back to the drawing board.

Reactions: Adimuzio513
A correct statement is 3DR is retesting the GoPro control. This supposedly worked before the gimbal release but at some point GoPro changed their API with notification which meant 3DR had to go back to the drawing board.
(without notification)

But yes...Exactly.

Last edited:
I just want to be able to change settings from the controller when the bird is on the ground. I don't like the repeated disconnects of the go pro from the gimbal. One less disconnect and remount will lengthen the life of the contacts.

So to the OP. It looks like you need a new informant inside of 3DR as its Saturday and no release but I'm not surprised.

I know Vu stated "in about a week" but if it were close to being released we'd see some updates on DIY drones as well as some commits in 3DR's repository.

Reactions: Raybro

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Minh44