Apparently GoPro control in a week

here we go again with the clock watchers. you folks could ruin a customer friendly company if of course they were worried about all that over validating a quality update

You're correct I'm a clock watcher. I myself have to watch the clock for my own development projects and if I feel the date is going to slip I have to give our business executives the reason why the release is going to be pushed back.

I deal with delays and they can happen for a number of reasons but what's not acceptable is the lack of communication.

Newbie question : how do you know when an update is available? I currently go into the app while I'm connected to the Internet and look under settings, then updates. Is that the correct method? Thanks!

Newbie question : how do you know when an update is available? I currently go into the app while I'm connected to the Internet and look under settings, then updates. Is that the correct method? Thanks!
That works for me.

Why does everyone want it yesterday. They could have changed their minds and we would have nothing. Instead they are testing or re-testing because of issues probably out of their control. On that note......patience people. I can still find ways of doing what I need to do till the upgrade is ready. I would rather they get it right instead of getting it out fast.

Why does everyone want it yesterday. They could have changed their minds and we would have nothing. Instead they are testing or re-testing because of issues probably out of their control. On that note......patience people. I can still find ways of doing what I need to do till the upgrade is ready. I would rather they get it right instead of getting it out fast.

Again, its the lack of communication. If they said "hey Flex" we found an issue with the release and need to push it back. At this current time I'm not aware how long it will take but when I have more information I'll be sure to let our customers know".

It ain't rocket science and I'm starting to think they don't have the technical chops to make it work the way it was originally shown to buyers.

If you are making a living with drones, doing it with one craft is plain poor business planning
you should grab some books on business continuity and quit outsourcing your own business short comings

If you are making a living with drones, doing it with one craft is plain poor business planning
you should grab some books on business continuity and quit outsourcing your own business short comings

What the heck are you talking about. Who said anything about a drone business?

you claim having to explain the delay to your executives
so unless you have a personal boss pushing you around in your private hobby it sounds like you are saying a late release is impacting your business

you claim having to explain the delay to your executives
so unless you have a personal boss pushing you around in your private hobby it sounds like you are saying a late release is impacting your business

I was comparing my development process to that of 3DR's. I have customers and they have customers (I'm one of those customers).

I'll also note that I have a P3 Professional in my arsenal so I'm no a "one drone" guy.

so what you are saying is every solo owner should be on the internal communications distribution like the dev team is?
Look if you want to add anxiety to your life fretting over a late software release. Have at it
Seems like a stressful way to live life

so what you are saying is every solo owner should be on the internal communications distribution like the dev team is?
Look if you want to add anxiety to your life fretting over a late software release. Have at it
Seems like a stressful way to live life

Nope, I'm saying don't leave you customer in the dark about progress. I get constant emails about smart shots and where they filmed, etc) but nothing about GP control.

They have a news blog, they should put it to some use.

Dude, I'm not stressed, I've been in IT for over 15 years and have two daughters, I'm bulletproof.

Am I reading this right? Be happy with what you get and just be glad they didn't just cancel the whole shebang?
How long have you been a Solo owner?
What, exactly, do you intend to use your Solo for?
For many folks here it's not simply a hobby. We've been with 3DR since the beginning and know exactly what we were promised. We use a Solo (or other drone) for very serious (to us at least) endeavors - getting that perfect shot, having control over our camera to get said shot, etc., and far, far more.
If you have been around awhile the idea of "shutting up and waiting" doesn't hold much appeal. We have been waiting. So far 3DR has been coming through, maybe not as fast as we'd like, but it's coming.
And... wherever on God's green Earth did you get the idea 3DR could simply change their mind? Ever run a business?

Nope, I'm saying don't leave you customer in the dark about progress. I get constant emails about smart shots and where they filmed, etc) but nothing about GP control.

They have a news blog, they should put it to some use.

Dude, I'm not stressed, I've been in IT for over 15 years and have two daughters, I'm bulletproof.

I hear you, it can be delayed if it is a solid release
Hard though, can't wait to see what is in it

full control should've been there with the disastrously late gimbal launch...I do believe they're working hard to get it pushed out and so far they've been good with software releases so Ill give them the benefit of the doubt for another week or so before I get angry.

if getting angry solved anything I would be there with you, but life is too short. I will be disappointed but then just use that time to explore tower and work on my post work flow.

Right! Just like they did with the gimbal.o_O

It's almost like going to play in a baseball game with only one Ball..lol
When I played in Little League, we only got one ball per game. If it went over the fence (like a home run), somebody had to go and find it before we could continue playing.
I didn't realize it at the time but now I know our league was really poor..come to think of it, so we're my parents.:oops:

Reactions: Del
You're correct I'm a clock watcher. I myself have to watch the clock for my own development projects and if I feel the date is going to slip I have to give our business executives the reason why the release is going to be pushed back.

I deal with delays and they can happen for a number of reasons but what's not acceptable is the lack of communication.

Sure...you have to give the execs a reason. That doesn't translate to them announcing to the general public that they'll be delayed. A comment from a VP doesn't equate to a corporate announcement, either. It's just a comment. They're human. A week or "not much longer" is a specious value to some.

It'll come; it's not like people at 3DR are sitting around with their thumbs up their backside.

Also check this site. The instant it comes out some one is sure to post.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andre felipe colorado