Anyone using Samsung s7?

Reaction score
Hi everyone.

Is anyone using the Samsung s7 regular? If so any issues with the app?

My LG g4 and Sony z2 have constant "app disconnected" errors.... Looking for a new droid phone and the s7 is interesting to me.

The disconnecting is more likely the result of your devices connection optimization. Many providers have an app on your device to optimize the connections and will disconnect from solo when not seeing an internet connection. Turn off optimization on the other devices you are trying to use and see if you still have the problem. I fought it for a while before I figured out that it was an optimization app loaded to my phone by Sprint which was disconnecting me and searching for a connection it liked. An S7 on the same provider will most likely have the same optimization software and it will need the same fix in order to work with Solo. Just go into settings and view the apps running on your phone and turn off the one for optimizing connections until you are done flying.

New to solo.
I have tried with nexus 7 2013.
Retired iPhone 6 128 gb
I liked the thought of this for the save to camera roll option having plenty of storage.
And I have tried with my current s7 edge.
All 3 seem to work
However with the nexus it seems to only capture video to cam roll.
The s7 captures nothing.
And the iPhone 6 captures video and photo.
However I seem to have a info bar that is on my camera roll recording that I can't get rid of.
Like I said I'm still in the learning curve with it.

The camera footage bar is the on screen display for the gopro. Turn that off in camera options. As far as recording on your device and using those recordings for anything, don't bother. The video that is streamed to your device is not as good and it will still have all the information that's displayed while you are flying. It isn't usable video, your only quality saved video will be on the SD card in the camera.

Thanks for the advice. I've only had this bird a few days.still learning my way around it.lots of good info here.

The disconnecting is more likely the result of your devices connection optimization. Many providers have an app on your device to optimize the connections and will disconnect from solo when not seeing an internet connection. Turn off optimization on the other devices you are trying to use and see if you still have the problem. I fought it for a while before I figured out that it was an optimization app loaded to my phone by Sprint which was disconnecting me and searching for a connection it liked. An S7 on the same provider will most likely have the same optimization software and it will need the same fix in order to work with Solo. Just go into settings and view the apps running on your phone and turn off the one for optimizing connections until you are done flying.
I thought of that. I have disabled all settings related in the phone settings menu of my lg g4 but the the solo app constantly disconnects. When I check the wifi connection is shows still connected to the controller... You said app, is there a system app or service I can remove to stop persistent data connection management?

I'm using an S7 and having no problems with version 2.4.0. Haven't upgraded to the latest app yet.
The latest app is 2.4.0, which requires Solo FW 2.4.1. However, FW 2.4.2 is the latest Solo FW.

I thought of that. I have disabled all settings related in the phone settings menu of my lg g4 but the the solo app constantly disconnects. When I check the wifi connection is shows still connected to the controller... You said app, is there a system app or service I can remove to stop persistent data connection management?
I don't know what carrier you have but with Sprint I have to go into the settings and find the app manager. I then need to find sprint optimizations and click force stop. Once that is done my phone will find and stay on the solo network. If I don't do that as soon as the phone realizes it cannot connect to the net on solo it starts searching for a different wifi signal. If I don't force the optimizations to stop it will connect briefly and then switch to another wifi with a net connection asap.

I use an S7 Edge and these tips are going to be looked at rightaway. Yesterday i was having so many issues with Solex that I flew with Solo Beta. In both cases, the apps quit intermittently. (but come back)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Minh44