Any reliable info from B&H?

"It's a big mess and I hope 3DR learns a lesson from this." I hope their investors get fed up and demand answers. Management at 3DR clearly did not anticipate the demand for this product, were painfully slow to respond and/or formulate a manufacturing/delivery strategy, and have profoundly botched the PR effort. The only lesson here is for us early adopters - sometimes waiting is the best bet.
I gave up on the waiting because I honestly don't think they will be in business by the end of the year. I didn't want to be stuck with a drone with no gimbal and no support.

Here is my weekly update from B&H. Seems that they have never received gimbals from 3DR.
Grayer Z: One moment please while I look in to this for you.
Grayer Z: Unfortunately, we have not yet received the gimbal in stock. We still expect to receive it in mid to late September. As soon as we receive your order in stock, we will ship it out to you and email you with tracking information.
Tracy: Any idea why folks that order direct from 3DR in August have received their gimbal?
Tracy: have you been able to ship ANY gimbals out?
Grayer Z: We have not received any shipments of the gimbal in stock yet. I would image that 3DR has the gimbal in stock by default of being the manufacturer, however I am not sure why they have not been able to follow through with the release dates that they provided us with.
Tracy: Thanks for the update.
Grayer Z: You're welcome.
Grayer Z: Is there anything else I can help you with today?
Tracy: I'll hang in there a little while longer.Thank you
Tracy: Have a great weekend
Grayer Z: Thank you for choosing to shop with B&H, we appreciate having you as a customer. Have a wonderful weekend!

The poor guys who have to deal with frustrated 3DR customers all day are probably looking forward to the fact that B&H will be closed for holidays a good portion of late September-- which just happens to be a ship date they're mentioning. I would not want their job...

Here is my weekly update from B&H. Seems that they have never received gimbals from 3DR.
Grayer Z: One moment please while I look in to this for you.
Grayer Z: Unfortunately, we have not yet received the gimbal in stock. We still expect to receive it in mid to late September. As soon as we receive your order in stock, we will ship it out to you and email you with tracking information.
Tracy: Any idea why folks that order direct from 3DR in August have received their gimbal?
Tracy: have you been able to ship ANY gimbals out?
Grayer Z: We have not received any shipments of the gimbal in stock yet. I would image that 3DR has the gimbal in stock by default of being the manufacturer, however I am not sure why they have not been able to follow through with the release dates that they provided us with.
Tracy: Thanks for the update.
Grayer Z: You're welcome.
Grayer Z: Is there anything else I can help you with today?
Tracy: I'll hang in there a little while longer.Thank you
Tracy: Have a great weekend
Grayer Z: Thank you for choosing to shop with B&H, we appreciate having you as a customer. Have a wonderful weekend!

On Twitter:

Colin Guinn ‏@colinguinn 43m43 minutes ago
Wow, gimbals have FINALLY cleared customs and are on the way to our launch partners to fill pre orders next week. Sorry for the delay guys!
Let's hope he's not pulling our leg......
Got clearance from DSLRPros to send my Solo back but holding off until next Wednesday (D-DAY).
If I have no gimbal looks like I'll be a Phan boy again......yuck.:confused:

On Twitter:

Colin Guinn ‏@colinguinn 43m43 minutes ago
Wow, gimbals have FINALLY cleared customs and are on the way to our launch partners to fill pre orders next week. Sorry for the delay guys!
The old "stuck in customs" routine - yep, get's 'em every time. Okay everybody, and why were they stuck in customs? Because the dog ate the manifest of course. Why did the dog eat the manifest? Because his owner couldn't feed him. Why couldn't his owner feed him? Because the check was still in the mail. Why was the check still in the mail...

The old "stuck in customs" routine - yep, get's 'em every time. Okay everybody, and why were they stuck in customs? Because the dog ate the manifest of course. Why did the dog eat the manifest? Because his owner couldn't feed him. Why couldn't his owner feed him? Because the check was still in the mail. Why was the check still in the mail...
and if it is the truth I bet some of us that early preordered will still get left out

and if it is the truth I bet some of us that early preordered will still get left out

That's part of the equation. How many just cleared customs? 10's, 100's, 1000's ?????

That's part of the equation. How many just cleared customs? 10's, 100's, 1000's ?????
Not sure who to believe anymore. They have been very silent about this. For the past 3 weeks I have been told it will ship next week.
I think I am going through the rrmccabe syndrome. I'm going to need therapy...pint, 1/5th, 1/2 gallon.:D:eek::D

Last edited:
Reactions: Jubalr
Not sure who to believe anymore. They have been very silent about this. For the past 3 weeks I have been told it will ship next week.

I'm hopeful we'll start seeing movement from retailers next week.This nonsense can't go on forever. I've been busy modding, testing antennas and having some fun with Solo to occupy my time with it but i really want that gimbal now. It's a great bird and I want it to be whole.

Reactions: Raybro
I think I am going through the rrmccabe syndrome. I'm going to need therapy...pint, 1/5th, 1/2 gallon.:D:eek::D
Hang in there Ray! We're all pulling for you! If we were a little closer, I'b be buying you a drink right now. (Strictly for your prescribed therapy of course).

Reactions: Raybro
Well what do ya know... Gimbal shipping confirmation from B&H just a few minutes ago. There's hope for all!!!! BTW, I pre-ordered 4/15. I'll be sure to post when I get it in hand next week.

Reactions: RikMiddle
Well what do ya know... Gimbal shipping confirmation from B&H just a few minutes ago. There's hope for all!!!! BTW, I pre-ordered 4/15. I'll be sure to post when I get it in hand next week.
I ordered 4/16!!

guess I'll be checking my email every 2 mins....

I just called and they are filling orders through May. June orders they should get another shipment in about 10 days.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Reactions: TheeRod
Has anyone that ordered from B&H received their gimbals, or have any reliable information on shipping dates?

Ordered from B&H second week of June. Credit card Got charged today and I received an email that it will arrive next week on the 14th.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alan r pfennig