Any reliable info from B&H?

I have heard if you don't call and tell them to send what they have available (batteries and Solo at this point) they will wait until they receive all items before shipping. Don't know if you knew that already, but worth a call if you want the other stuff before the gimbal.
Thanks, yea , I knew that as I had to poke them to send the solo.
Just commenting on the notation.
Should just say "waiting for order to complete" or whatever.

One batt with no gimbal is fine by me, haven't flown fer weeks waiting anywho.

If rumors are correct I should be getting a notice soon.
I'll post when I do.

Reactions: aconnell08
I have heard if you don't call and tell them to send what they have available (batteries and Solo at this point) they will wait until they receive all items before shipping. Don't know if you knew that already, but worth a call if you want the other stuff before the gimbal.
Thats not true. B&H sends any items they have in stock as virtually all online sellers do

Nope. Not from my 15yrs ordering from them.

Sucks for them when it's "free shipping"
Weird as I've ordered from them for a lot longer than 15 years and ALWAYS have received any items in stock. If what you're saying is so why did I get my Solo then much later the extra battery then hopefully my gimbsl when they were all part of one order??

Weird as I've ordered from them for a lot longer than 15 years and ALWAYS have received any items in stock. If what you're saying is so why did I get my Solo then much later the extra battery then hopefully my gimbsl when they were all part of one order??

And if what YOUR saying is so why have my batteries been listed as "expedited" for a month after my solo shipped in June?

Maybe as I mentioned before they want to save shipping $$ when it's free?

Maybe they like you more?

My battery has also been "sent to warehouse, expedited delivery" for a month. I think they are trying to minimize their losses from getting the Solo from 3DR one piece at a time.

I don't know anything about manufacturing and distribution of products from China. If the gimbal is ready to send to the assembly line and the first batch has been shipped, why would they not continue to crank them out to with no interuption.. I don't know how many gimbals were sold, but it seems to me the backlog could be made in a short time, unless the assembly line is some guy in his garage making one a day.

Just called and they would only say will be sometime the next several weeks.. very grey on dates anymore... can't really blame them either tho

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

I don't know anything about manufacturing and distribution of products from China. If the gimbal is ready to send to the assembly line and the first batch has been shipped, why would they not continue to crank them out to with no interuption.. I don't know how many gimbals were sold, but it seems to me the backlog could be made in a short time, unless the assembly line is some guy in his garage making one a day.

Ah, here's the problem...

Chinese factory nap.jpg

Maybe they like you more?

Aha! I think you're on to something here. So I called them and they said they have a picture of this RickMiddle guy in their warehouse and whenever he places an order they make sure all the parts of the order are scattered around to different bins! :D

But seriously, obviously there's numerous factors within B&H's system that can account for what you see on the order section of your online account. But no way do they intentionally hold up shipping part of an order to save shipping costs.

Here's an example... the controller I received first would not charge the battery. Called B&H and they had me send the controller back. They didn't have controllers in stock so what they said they'd do is to open a new solo box that they did have in stock, take out that controller and send it to me and send the original back to 3DR-- which they did. On their site the order status said I was receiving a new Solo at $0.00. Obviously their system didn't have a way to display "replacement controller from new item in inventory".

Not saying this has anything specifically to do with what you're seeing but there's probably many ways they inventory products received from various vendors around the world and how any one item displays in their system can vary as a result.

Hopefully we'll ALL get the damned gimbals in short order and we can go on to discussing more fun stuff! ;)

Thats not true. B&H sends any items they have in stock as virtually all online sellers do
They didn't send my spare batter until I called them and asked them to do so.

Aha! I think you're on to something here. So I called them and they said they have a picture of this RickMiddle guy in their warehouse and whenever he places an order they make sure all the parts of the order are scattered around to different bins! :D

But seriously, obviously there's numerous factors within B&H's system that can account for what you see on the order section of your online account. But no way do they intentionally hold up shipping part of an order to save shipping costs.

Here's an example... the controller I received first would not charge the battery. Called B&H and they had me send the controller back. They didn't have controllers in stock so what they said they'd do is to open a new solo box that they did have in stock, take out that controller and send it to me and send the original back to 3DR-- which they did. On their site the order status said I was receiving a new Solo at $0.00. Obviously their system didn't have a way to display "replacement controller from new item in inventory".

Not saying this has anything specifically to do with what you're seeing but there's probably many ways they inventory products received from various vendors around the world and how any one item displays in their system can vary as a result.

Hopefully we'll ALL get the damned gimbals in short order and we can go on to discussing more fun stuff! ;)

I had exactly the same problem with my controller. Returned it to B&H and they sent a replacement. But they do seem to be holding my battery until they get the gimbals in. I assumed they sent the controller right away because the Solo is unusable without it, but are holding the battery to double up with the gimbal to minimize shipping costs.

hey Tim~

your like a mother @ a sunday parade:

"Hey look EVERYBODY is out of step but my son!"

"But no way do they intentionally hold up shipping part of an order to save shipping costs."

Really? why not?

Seems like a whole lot of people are getting the same treatment and different stories from B&H right here on this thread.

The ONLY reason after looking @ my Solo was "expedited" for a week and it did not get shipped, then called back in June was because I got a tip that was the policy.

Sure 'nuff Chatted on line with CS and they said:
"would you like us to ship it separately without the full order?"

Yes please. and they did just like the rest of the guys in the parade said they would.

If not for saving on shipping then... what? Why? don't what to hit my card too soon?
ahhh... Tim's been ordering here longer.. better send it to him, screw the rest of those guys?

It's my free batt and one I ordered. they didn't take anything apart to satisfy anyone and Batts are available everywhere. I'm in know hurry, but it's a fact they have them for weeks , have NOT SHIPPED them to several people, AND only to those who call and request it.

Unless you have a better explanation than what we have suggested here, I'd say its settled.

Placed my order for the Solo and gimbal on May 28th
Called B&H earlier today to find out what is going on with the gimbal and was told they would look into it.
Just got this email back from B&H
order # 5454xxxxx
Yankel Jacobowitz [[email protected]]
clear1x1.gif
clear1x1.gif

clear1x1.gif
clear1x1.gif
clear1x1.gif

To: Marvin Sanders

DEAR MARVIN,
Please be advised that the 3DR SOLO GIMBAL you have on backorder is expected to arrive at our warehouse mid October. As soon as we receive it from the vendor/manufacturer we will promptly ship it to you. We apologize for this delay and for any inconvenience.

B&H Customer Service
212-239-7765 = 800-221-5743
[email protected]

I ordered 4-16-2015
My email today from BH said
MID-SEPTEMBER.

I don't even know what to do anymore.
extremely displeased

Reactions: RikMiddle
I ordered 4-16-2015
My email today from BH said
MID-SEPTEMBER.

I don't even know what to do anymore.
extremely displeased

Ditto... ordered mine the same day.
what happen to the guy who called 3DR a couple of days ago and he said they sent enough gimbals to fill April's Pre orders @ B&H?

aggghh...

From 3DR webite:
Solo Gimbal
If you place your order today, your gimbal will ship within 2-3 weeks.

hey Tim~

your like a mother @ a sunday parade:

"Hey look EVERYBODY is out of step but my son!"

"But no way do they intentionally hold up shipping part of an order to save shipping costs."

Really? why not?

Seems like a whole lot of people are getting the same treatment and different stories from B&H right here on this thread.

The ONLY reason after looking @ my Solo was "expedited" for a week and it did not get shipped, then called back in June was because I got a tip that was the policy.

Sure 'nuff Chatted on line with CS and they said:
"would you like us to ship it separately without the full order?"

Yes please. and they did just like the rest of the guys in the parade said they would.

If not for saving on shipping then... what? Why? don't what to hit my card too soon?
ahhh... Tim's been ordering here longer.. better send it to him, screw the rest of those guys?

It's my free batt and one I ordered. they didn't take anything apart to satisfy anyone and Batts are available everywhere. I'm in know hurry, but it's a fact they have them for weeks , have NOT SHIPPED them to several people, AND only to those who call and request it.

Unless you have a better explanation than what we have suggested here, I'd say its settled.

Yikes-- you're really taking all this very personally I see. Lots of ALL CAPS and bold words. No need for the personal attack. I'm very sorry to upset you so. Take a deep breath.. calm down...

Of course you're right. It's settled. Your... (uh, I mean "you're") right, I'm wrong.

Feeling better now??

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
danny5150