Any reliable info from B&H?

Reaction score
Has anyone that ordered from B&H received their gimbals, or have any reliable information on shipping dates?

Has anyone that ordered from B&H received their gimbals, or have any reliable information on shipping dates?
nope.

chat yesterday says they will get 1st wave 8/30.

my order 4/16.

is that 1st wave?

better be, anyone that has a later pre-order & gets one... please post-

I've received similar information from B&H as above. Aug 30th/Aug 31st they are receiving their first batch.

However, on 3DR's Facebook they say they have already began to ship to B&H so not sure why they wouldn't have received any yet if 3DR was in fact sending them some already.

I ordered on 4/14 and definitely expect to be in the first batch so I would think that a 4/16 order date would be as well.

I've received similar information from B&H as above. Aug 30th/Aug 31st they are receiving their first batch.

However, on 3DR's Facebook they say they have already began to ship to B&H so not sure why they wouldn't have received any yet if 3DR was in fact sending them some already.

I ordered on 4/14 and definitely expect to be in the first batch so I would think that a 4/16 order date would be as well.
I'm in a similar boat, but I ordered mine from DSLRpros not B&H. As you probably recall, the 3DR store wasn't even taking any orders in those first few days. It directed us either to B&H or to DSLRpros.com.

I went with DSLRpros and ordered on APRIL 13th. When people who ordered in May and even June started reporting that their gimbals were shipping I made some calls.

According to DSLRpros, 3DR had my shipping info and would be drop shipping directly to me. But when I called 3DR they said they had no idea. Got put on hold while the guy started checking around. He came back and confirmed that 3DR had no idea why DSLRpros would say that, could I please forward along the email from them... which I did.

The last thing I heard (Monday evening) from 3DR was a quick email back letting me know they had escalated the issue.

Everyone I dealt with, from DSLRpros AND 3dr seemed to fully agree that this makes DSLRpros look pretty bad. Why ever pre-order from them? (although they did get me my Solo before it showed up in Best Buy). The guy from 3DR was particularly sympathetic to the fact I had ordered on the 13th of April - but he could not do squat except escalate the issue. Let see if senior folks at 3DR care as much as he did. Fingers crossed.

Last edited:
I ordered Mid July Haven't heard anything from them but, B&H told me, Just before i placed my order, that they expect shipment of Gimbals 7/18 to 7/30 & then they will ship Gimbals "early September so,
When everybody was going nuts over shipping dates of Gimbals in July, B&H was well informed to due dates.

I checked in with B&H yesterday as i placed my pre-order on 4/21. I was told Early September but they couldn't even provide me with an estimated shipping date or an estimated date they would be receiving the first shipment from 3DR.
I received my Solo on 7/8 and received my free battery on friday 8/21.

My conversation as of a few minutes ago....
Bert G: These gimbals are expected to start arriving at the beginning of next week
Me: Thank you!
Me: I'm assuming I'll be apart of the first batch shipments since I ordered 4/15?
Bert G: It's fair to say that, but we won't know for sure until we know how large of a shipment they are sending us
Me: Understood. Thanks again.

Thanks to everyone for the replies. I was just told by B&H that I was slated to get mine early October. I've seriously had it and I'm just about ready to send this thing back and order a phantom 3

Reactions: prowler9
I ordered mine on May 27th. Live chatted with a representative and said something similar, that they will have in their warehouse on Aug. 30th. My girlfriend who works for the police dept in the procurement, reached out to her her contact at B&H to check for me as well. They told her I should have it in a week.

nope.

chat yesterday says they will get 1st wave 8/30.

my order 4/16.

is that 1st wave?

better be, anyone that has a later pre-order & gets one... please post-

Same info I got last week.
They said 8/30, 9/7, 9/17, etc. for the waves of shipments.

I too preordered 4/16 and they said there is a good chance I am in the first wave, but no guarantees.

I was pretty late pre-ordering My Gimble form B&H..8/17.. So I can just imagine the wait I'll be having..
Too bad you didn't order from 3dr on 8/17. You might have it now.

Thanks to everyone for the replies. I was just told by B&H that I was slated to get mine early October. I've seriously had it and I'm just about ready to send this thing back and order a phantom 3
October???? When did you order?

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

October???? When did you order?

7/15 was told by sales rep to order the solo first and gimbal after because of the delays. Didn't expect it to be this slow afterwards. I have a few nice gimbals here but the 3dr platform doesn't play well with other hardware. .. sigh. ..

7/15 was told by sales rep to order the solo first and gimbal after because of the delays. Didn't expect it to be this slow afterwards. I have a few nice gimbals here but the 3dr platform doesn't play well with other hardware. .. sigh. ..
Wow.. I ordered end of June for mine.. that's ridiculous!

I have a few nice gimbals here but the 3dr platform doesn't play well with other hardware. .. sigh. ..

Absolutely not the case. Solo runs on PixHawk2 which integrates better than anyone. Over at the Solo mod Facebook group people have already integrated Solo with several gimbals.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alan r pfennig