Any reliable info from B&H?

chat with them this morning

Lazer S: As of now, we are expecting and hoping that we start getting this end of this month and continue getting shipments of these throughout the month of September.
Lazer S: If that happens, we hope to get enough by the end of September to cover all our backorders.​

How would that be possible?
Because it seem like 3DR is going to supply every last one of the customers who ordered direct from 3DR before they send a single gimbal to any "authorized" retailer. What's the point of authorized retailers? 3DR is shitting on B&H, DSLR Pros, Adorama, and everyone who ordered through any place other than direct through 3DR. It's a shitty move on their part, and they have lost my respect as a result.

Reactions: dcal
I just got off the phone with B&H. They told me that 3DR has told them they will receive gimbals on September 21st. This is way beyond ridiculous now.

Because it seem like 3DR is going to supply every last one of the customers who ordered direct from 3DR before they send a single gimbal to any "authorized" retailer. What's the point of authorized retailers? 3DR is shitting on B&H, DSLR Pros, Adorama, and everyone who ordered through any place other than direct through 3DR. It's a shitty move on their part, and they have lost my respect as a result.
I think part of the issue is that when they started shipping the Solo, they went to retailers like Best Buy before they shipped to customers that ordered direct 2-3 months prior. So you had people going in to BB and picking up a Solo off the shelf on an impulse buy while others that pre ordered and paid 2 months prior were still waiting. 3DR received a lot of well deserved flack for that and probably trying to make sure it doesn't happen again. They are also dealing with demand higher than supply.

I feel sorry for those that do way too much research before buying and wait months after the release to finally make a decision and pull the trigger on a product. Those poor people wait till August 17th to finally order everything from BH and are now waiting (very impatiently) for their gimbal to show up. I feel so sorry for people like that.....oh wait, that's me. :(

Reactions: GoodnNuff and JonW
I think part of the issue is that when they started shipping the Solo, they went to retailers like Best Buy before they shipped to customers that ordered direct 2-3 months prior. So you had people going in to BB and picking up a Solo off the shelf on an impulse buy while others that pre ordered and paid 2 months prior were still waiting. 3DR received a lot of well deserved flack for that and probably trying to make sure it doesn't happen again. They are also dealing with demand higher than supply.
Agreed. But for whatever reason they tried to remedy the situation by going from one extreme to the other. There is a happy medium somewhere between. I'm just scratching my head in disbelief.

I feel sorry for those that do way too much research before buying and wait months after the release to finally make a decision and pull the trigger on a product. Those poor people wait till August 17th to finally order everything from BH and are now waiting (very impatiently) for their gimbal to show up. I feel so sorry for people like that.....oh wait, that's me. :(
Don't feel too sorry! I ordered from B&H on 5/5 and I will not be surprised if we get our gimbals the same day.

here's the thing tho-

when we (I) ordered mine from B&H on 4/16 there was no option to buy direct as I recall.
you were redirected to B&H , Best Buy, and another retailer.

That would mean that those buyers at that time from retailers would be ahead of any direct orders @ 3DR.

Some that ordered direct have received already.

well, OK.. but... if someone gets a gimbal from B&H that ordered in say May/June/July before I get mine.... that'd say a lot about B&H..
I already smell "squeaky wheel" syndrome as my ordered battery and free battery haven't shipped yet, and I KNOW some have received the free one from B&H who ordered later than I...

more than one company cutting the line here...

here's the thing tho-

when we (I) ordered mine from B&H on 4/16 there was no option to buy direct as I recall.
you were redirected to B&H , Best Buy, and another retailer.

That would mean that those buyers at that time from retailers would be ahead of any direct orders @ 3DR.

Some that ordered direct have received already.

well, OK.. but... if someone gets a gimbal from B&H that ordered in say May/June/July before I get mine.... that'd say a lot about B&H..
I already smell "squeaky wheel" syndrome as my ordered battery and free battery haven't shipped yet, and I KNOW some have received the free one from B&H who ordered later than I...

more than one company cutting the line here...
I trust B&H to fill orders in the proper sequence. I agree that you ordered before me and absolutely should get your gimbal before I get mine. But it seems very unfair that those who ordered directly from 3dr in LATE JULY are getting theirs before either of us.

Reactions: prowler9
I placed my gimbal order in early June with B&H and this was their answer to me inquiry this morning.

Scott

"Hello, my name is Israel W:

Thank you for contacting the Customer Service Department at B&H Photo Video and Pro Audio.

The gimbal should be shipping around 09/17.

Please let us know if you require any further assistance.

Thank you, we appreciate your business."

Israel W
B&H Photo Video and Pro Audio
The Professional's Source.
E-Mail Customer Service Department
B&H Photo Video Digital Cameras, Photography, Camcorders

I placed my gimbal order in early June with B&H and this was their answer to me inquiry this morning.

Scott

"Hello, my name is Israel W:

Thank you for contacting the Customer Service Department at B&H Photo Video and Pro Audio.

The gimbal should be shipping around 09/17.

Please let us know if you require any further assistance.

Thank you, we appreciate your business."

Israel W
B&H Photo Video and Pro Audio
The Professional's Source.
E-Mail Customer Service Department
B&H Photo Video Digital Cameras, Photography, Camcorders
be interesting to see how this plays out...

that sounds about right and jives with what they told me. 1st wave 8/30.
I gather they get a wave every week from what I've read.

Just someone mentioned here that B&H said the 1st shipment was to be received 9/21.

be interesting to see how this plays out...

that sounds about right and jives with what they told me. 1st wave 8/30.
I gather they get a wave every week from what I've read.

Just someone mentioned here that B&H said the 1st shipment was to be received 9/21.

Yeah I'm not sure what I was thinking. I should have just left my gimbal order with 3DR but because I wasn't having to pay taxes I ordered with B&H, I'm sure it's not their fault it's taking this long but it just sucks for all of us still waiting.

Scott

I called 3DR several weeks ago, before I pre-ordered my gimbal. I was told I would get it faster if I ordered it from a reseller as they would get the gimbals before 3DR. So, I ordered from B & H.
Nothing I can do now but wait.

At this point B&H is still telling people they expect to receive gimbals September 21st while 3DR's online store now says shipping 2-3 weeks after order. Based on this I could order today from 3DR and possibly get it before the one I ordered from B&H on 5/5. Not sure if I should just order one from every source and return all but the first one I get.

This is what DSLRPro's is telling me. All of their preorders were turned into 3DR and will be shipped out to the customer straight from China. I don't know if all the dealers did that but that is what my dealer told me.
So, with that. I talked to 3DR and I do have an order number with them, as well as with DSLRPro. Was told another shipment is going out from China on Sunday (Monday for China)

This is what DSLRPro's is telling me. All of their preorders were turned into 3DR and will be shipped out to the customer straight from China. I don't know if all the dealers did that but that is what my dealer told me.
So, with that. I talked to 3DR and I do have an order number with them, as well as with DSLRPro. Was told another shipment is going out from China on Sunday (Monday for China)

Okay thanks a lot!!! I have a package coming from China scheduled to arrive on Monday, I assumed that it's a battery I ordered when I ordered Solo but now you have my hopes up that it's the Gimbal I ordered from B&H. I'm sure it's a battery but now I have just a little hope that it might be a Gimbal, I guess I will know on Monday. The weight according to UPS is .70 KG.

That's why I'm not getting hopes up. But another battery is nothing to sneeze at, it sucks only having one battery.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mr M