Any reliable info from B&H?

My order shows in stock, order sent to warehouse standard. Tried to call customer service but they are already closed. hopefully it ships before they go on Holiday break from 9/13-9/16.

I
Almost my favourite ASOIAF line.. well besides "HODOR" of course :)

CRAP... this is definitely an oversight on my part. I definitely ASSUMED this wouldn't be a problem.

As much as I'd love to live and film in Malta, looks lovely...

Snowboarding is what I got this for. I will be quite upset the bird freezes, or isn't able to fly in thin air :).

After having taken the solo apart a million times, i'm comfortable fixing this if it breaks. I have to say one thing vs the Phantom (without sounding like a fanboy)... It's not hard to replace anything so far on this drone, you could almost "field" strip this thing.

I've flown mine in the snow (Australia).It was just above 32. Flight time reduced some due to cold batteries I recall. Real trick is not flying it into the hill on a steep slope. Cable cam repeat helps if you have friends/actors you are shooting. Also it's not so hot on landing on a slope. So depending your situ, may have to wedge out a landing pad or do catch landing. First time it flipped, rotor dug out some snow. 2nd landing busted a prop, same deal.

FWIW, I spoke with B&H today, asking if I placed an order today when would it ship... After a 3 minute wait, sales person stated it would likely ship by 25th of Sept, per the purchasing dept. based on shipments received expected over the next few weeks and the backlogs being filled. If not it would be at least a week later due to another holiday shut down. I'm ordering the whole enchilada this weekend and will wait my turn. I'm done holding off buying locally...

Last edited:
Just received an email from B&H that my gimbal shipped and I will have it on the 17th with tracking #.
I pre-ordered mine on 6/14 so I think there will be a lot of happy people here today. The wait I finally over!!!

Reactions: Raybro
The >> We are pleased to inform you << email I got today said to expect gimbal delivery Tuesday the 15th. Ordered 4/30.

I just got a tracking number with expected delivery of 9/17. I ordered on 6/19. Yay.

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

Still nothing from B&H. I don't think they have a clue. On live chat they claim first in first out but the margin of error must be +- 1 month. I ordered my package on 6/2 and I have had to push them every step of the way (1st solo, then battery and now Gimbal).

Last edited:
Still nothing from B&H. I don't think they have a clue. On live chat they claim first in first out but the margin of error must be +- 1 month. I ordered my package on 6/2 and I have had to push them every step of the way (1st solo, then battery and now Gimbal).

Hopefully in your case it's just a matter of your order being a part of the current shipment, but the notices not necessarily going out in the same order.

It's been pretty much demonstrated from all the chat transcripts posted here that the folks in the customer service dept. at B&H don't necessarily all sing the same lyrics. I have a feeling that the interpretation with respect to shipping dates & inventory of what they see on their screens is more or less subjective based on their previous experiences with similar backordered products.

Or perhaps it's just a personal matter between you and them. :D

Just finished chatting with a Rep. Whitney H.
She say's Orders, email & shipping been active for the past 2 weeks!
Mid July Orders emails & shipping going out at the end of this month.

Sounds encouraging to say the least.

All I can say is this whole 3DR RTF early adopter experience has been exacerbating for a person like me who comes from the DIY world. I built my first quad 2 years ago and it took 3 months (same amount of time it has been for my Solo order). That included 3D printing the entire frame from re-mixed designs off of Thingiverse. Also using a thrust meter to match the right size props with the frame, motors, ESCs, and battery. I also spent a lot of time on forums getting advise from the subject matter experts (they were great by the way and I learned a lot from them). Point being, in 3 months I had a bird up in the air, having fun doing FPV and taking bad videos (no gimbal). Two years later I have bird that is no better, so it sits in it’s backpack waiting for a gimbal while I fly my DIY Hex with a Zenmuse H4-3D gimbal. Ugh.
Well, I we ever need to build a home made copter, we now know who to ask :)
Since there are so many following this thread for updates for our Gimbals from B&H, Let's try to keep are messaging concentrated on B&H shipping our Gimbals. Thanks to all for the updates.

Happy Sunday to all

Just received an email from B&H with a tracking number for the Gimbal! Tracking says it will arrive on the 17th!

Late day delivery but I'm proud to say that I just got my gimbal!! Super easy install and everything works perfectly!!! I went outside and got some video before the sun went down. I'll try to get it loaded tomorrow. Even after all the bullshit... I'm pretty darn happy tonight. Hope you all get yours soon!

Awesome.....your kitty cat looks just like mine. Looks like it's chewing on the camera. Mine likes chewing on my wife's flip flops...tears em up.

Reactions: Fetti
Late day delivery but I'm proud to say that I just got my gimbal!! Super easy install and everything works perfectly!!! I went outside and got some video before the sun went down. I'll try to get it loaded tomorrow. Even after all the bullshit... I'm pretty darn happy tonight. Hope you all get yours soon!
Awesome to hear...and everything is working like it should

Awesome to hear...and everything is working like it should
Congratulations! Now go post some great videos!
Cheers!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pvt solo