Any reliable info from B&H?

I placed my order on 6/17 and I received this today.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2015-09-10-09-16-55.jpg
    Screenshot_2015-09-10-09-16-55.jpg
    369 KB · Views: 45
Yeah.. they said orders placed in June will be in the next batch (in about 10 days)

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Mine shows up tomorrow! I hope it gets here before I leave for the weekend..... UPS usually gets here by 10am, I just may need to wait, was going to leave earlier. Tho i'm in SF and its in Philadelphia....
Location Date Local Time Activity
Philadelphia, PA, United States 09/10/2015 8:28 A.M. Arrival Scan
Horsham, PA, United States 09/10/2015 7:06 A.M. Departure Scan
09/10/2015 3:39 A.M. Arrival Scan
Maspeth, NY, United States 09/10/2015 1:08 A.M. Departure Scan
United States 09/09/2015 6:21 P.M. Order Processed: Ready for UPS
Additional Information
Shipped/Billed On:
09/09/2015
Type:
Package
Weight:
1.50 lbs

Reactions: TheeRod
All I can say... I've certainly learned my lesson.

I think I'm done with pre-ordering anything. They should really call this phase "realization funding" and not pre-order.

Maybe I'll get my gimbal by snowboarding season.

Reactions: prowler9
Totally dood! :p

I mission planned the hill already for a few of the slopes. I'm going for a frontal view going down. I wonder how well follow me would work???

Post some video of you snowboarding with it. That will be cool!
which raises a question that might even deserve a thread....

how does cold weather affect the bird? not sure 3dr has ever mentioned that and I don't recall any footage with a temp lower than 60dg F.

winter's coming..

From the v5_08_21_15 manual:

Operating temperature: 32° F - 113° F (0° C - 45° C)

Operating relative humidity: 0-85% RH

But don't worry the cold weather is on back order....

which raises a question that might even deserve a thread....

how does cold weather affect the bird? not sure 3dr has ever mentioned that and I don't recall any footage with a temp lower than 60dg F.

winter's coming..

Almost my favourite ASOIAF line.. well besides "HODOR" of course :)

CRAP... this is definitely an oversight on my part. I definitely ASSUMED this wouldn't be a problem.

As much as I'd love to live and film in Malta, looks lovely...

Snowboarding is what I got this for. I will be quite upset the bird freezes, or isn't able to fly in thin air :).

After having taken the solo apart a million times, i'm comfortable fixing this if it breaks. I have to say one thing vs the Phantom (without sounding like a fanboy)... It's not hard to replace anything so far on this drone, you could almost "field" strip this thing.

Ordered from B&H second week of June. Credit card Got charged today and I received an email that it will arrive next week on the 14th.

Really? That's disappointing. I ordered before you and have heard nothing about it shipping already. Do you have a 1033XXXXXX order number or a 1034XXXXXX?

oops.. another RTFM.

wonder what freezes? or if they ever even tested it...

I'm guessing GPS konks out first. And i'm getting if that "pixahawk" module gets too stiff, it'll snap off.
The second any of these internals (motherboard, exposed wire ends) are in contact with water, even the slightest (condensation) and it does freeze, it's done for.

External pods, motors, shell, go-pro, I think these will all be OK.

They did not send me an email, saw the bank charge and signed on to the B&H website to get my tracking info.

My BH app and account said it shipped 9/9 but no e-mail confirming.
Got a tracking number though. Supposed to arrive 9-14

I was a 4/16 preorder btw.
Finally!

Just looked at the app and it says in stock order sent to warehouse. This was ordered June 30th

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Hello everyone. I have updated information on the ship date of my gimbal. I placed the order with B&H on 07/02/2015. Here is the chat log from this morning:

You have been connected to Stan G.
Rich Hannigan : My order has been on backorder since July 2nd. Please provide me with an estimate or arrival.
Stan G: Hello Rich Hannigan. My name is Stan G, and I will be glad to assist you. Please give me a few moments to begin working on your inquiry.
Stan G: We have received your order in our system and everything looks great on our end. Your order is currently set to ship 09/14.

Once it does ship, you will receive an email with tracking information.
Rich Hannigan: Thank you for the update.
Stan G: Sure! Is there anything else I can help you with today?
Rich Hannigan: Nope. Thanks.
Stan G: Thank you for choosing to shop with B&H, we appreciate having you as a customer. Have a wonderful day!
Stan G: Please click the "end session" button on the right side of your chat window to end our chat.
Your session has ended.
Thank you for contacting the B&H Customer Service Department. To print or receive an email transcript of your chat session, please click the printer icon. You may now close this window.

I'm not holding my breath on this one but it's promising.

Hello everyone. I have updated information on the ship date of my gimbal. I placed the order with B&H on 07/02/2015. Here is the chat log from this morning:

You have been connected to Stan G.
Rich Hannigan : My order has been on backorder since July 2nd. Please provide me with an estimate or arrival.
Stan G: Hello Rich Hannigan. My name is Stan G, and I will be glad to assist you. Please give me a few moments to begin working on your inquiry.
Stan G: We have received your order in our system and everything looks great on our end. Your order is currently set to ship 09/14.

Once it does ship, you will receive an email with tracking information.
Rich Hannigan: Thank you for the update.
Stan G: Sure! Is there anything else I can help you with today?
Rich Hannigan: Nope. Thanks.
Stan G: Thank you for choosing to shop with B&H, we appreciate having you as a customer. Have a wonderful day!
Stan G: Please click the "end session" button on the right side of your chat window to end our chat.
Your session has ended.
Thank you for contacting the B&H Customer Service Department. To print or receive an email transcript of your chat session, please click the printer icon. You may now close this window.

I'm not holding my breath on this one but it's promising.
There seems to be little to no correlation on when you placed an order and when B&H will ship. I ordered on 6 /2 and still get the same lame answer of its on back order and we will be getting shipments next week. At least some of the earlier orders are now getting serviced. I currently have lost all faith in B&H inventory control based off of this latest experience.

There seems to be little to no correlation on when you placed an order and when B&H will ship. I ordered on 6 /2 and still get the same lame answer of its on back order and we will be getting shipments next week. At least some of the earlier orders are now getting serviced. I currently have lost all faith in B&H inventory control based off of this latest experience.
I just did a live chat 15 minutes ago with B&H and was told that they wouldn't have the next shipment until 9/17 and then maybe mine would ship from that group. Well I just looked at the order status in my BandH account and now it says "in stock order sent to warehouse Expedited delivery! Woo Hoo.... looks like it's on it's way soon. Oh...... and my order date is 6/19.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
apicasso