Antenna selection or replacement

Tried this today with a piece of lexan I dremelled to fit and I lost gps for the first time since my glitch a few weeks back. I've seen others say it worked amazingly well but even after waiting the initial 5 minutes it took to lock I still had hope. Thought maybe it needed to reset since gps and battery is unplugged in the process, after losing gps in the middle of my yard I'm removing mine. I hoped for the best but didn't see any real improvement, I'm just happy I was in manual when I lost gps cause that's when I had the issue last time.

Not sure if maybe the plastic was a bad thing or what but it seems to be making my gps take longer to lock and lose reception easier. I may try cardboard but doubt it. Made sense to me but I didn't have issues quite like some here have mine were minor.

just finished mounting my DBS Mod antenna on my p3 turned everything on and it all seemed to work.
will know tomorrow.
think i voided the warrenty doing this?

just finished mounting my DBS Mod antenna on my p3 turned everything on and it all seemed to work.
will know tomorrow.
think i voided the warrenty doing this?

Don't think it matters it's made by dji lol. Kidding kinda
Hope all goes well I'm sure you'll get a ridiculous range with that setup. You could proly fly and deliver things to me or pick something up from where you live.

P3 the mail man of the future.
good luck Dirby

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
Always appreciate a good DIY video thats quick and to the point without a lot of extraneous talk. A bit nervous about cardboard, possibly sponge up humidity in the air. Or maybe a fire hazard (nah, i doubt it).

Reactions: Camotoe
I took the lexan out if others keep seeing good results let me know i may try again with cardboard, seems for whatever reason the plastic didn't have the same effect. Since I'm not having issues latley I'll hold off doing it again. Anybody else think these screws seem kinda crumby mine already want to strip and I tried a handful of different sized bits.

Tried this today with a piece of lexan I dremelled to fit and I lost gps for the first time since my glitch a few weeks back. I've seen others say it worked amazingly well but even after waiting the initial 5 minutes it took to lock I still had hope. Thought maybe it needed to reset since gps and battery is unplugged in the process, after losing gps in the middle of my yard I'm removing mine. I hoped for the best but didn't see any real improvement, I'm just happy I was in manual when I lost gps cause that's when I had the issue last time.

Not sure if maybe the plastic was a bad thing or what but it seems to be making my gps take longer to lock and lose reception easier. I may try cardboard but doubt it. Made sense to me but I didn't have issues quite like some here have mine were minor.
It's definitely the plastic mate..remember in the movie he said that double ply cardboard was too thick? Well the signal is blocked by plastic try using a smaller plastic piece the size of a bullet head so all its doing is just not letting copper covering touch antenna

Reactions: Adimuzio513
Or try card board. . As long as you just use something light enough to just separate copper adhesive your good

Yea I'll try it I got to see if I got any replacement screws none of my Phillips bit set seem to fit well and I don't want to strip em

I'd recommend using a thin bit of foam instead of cardboard to separate the copper shielding. Hobby foam or those foam trays that vegetables and meat are packaged with works great.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
apicasso