Antenna selection or replacement

3700' isn't good? That's twice what solo advertises.

I sure would not be happy since I can get 4400 easily stock. He is advertising them at over 2 miles.

That said, pointing is key. Antennas do not increase power. They only direct it. The more gain they have the more directional they become. There comes a point where their is a trade off.

2.7 miles no amps from another customer with FPVLR kit.

I sure would not be happy since I can get 4400 easily stock. He is advertising them at over 2 miles.

That said, pointing is key. Antennas do not increase power. They only direct it. The more gain they have the more directional they become. There comes a point where their is a trade off.

So is anyone breaking 2 miles with this yet other than what was said via Tony? Im doing 1.3 miles stock and 1.6miles with ALFA wireless 7dbi directionals

Chuck (DBS) wen't 2 1/2 miles the first day out with a ITELITE panel. I think Tony said some people have went 2 miles stock.

My personal experience is 4400' but that was out of a hole. I am confident I can do over a mile with some elevation.

Hey Raybro - Have you had a chance to test whether or not Tower will continue to fly waypoints once controller connection is lost?
I missed this post......you probably have the answer already. I haven't tested yet but there is a setting in both Tower and Mission Planner which will either make Solo continue the mission, RTH, or land (can't remember the last option). By default it is set to RTH. I set mine to continue the mission but have not tested it yet.

Haven't got to try a DBS panel yet but will say that my fpvlr kit does exactly this. I'm not really trusting solo just yet long range but it's given me much better signal in rf crowded and wooded areas and to 1000 feet out and 300 up I keep 3 or 4 bars pretty much everywhere. This is on my controller and the app stays under 60 as well but at least my bars in app fall off to one or two no matter what antenna at about a hundred feet. I just ignore those and beside hitting my height limit haven't had Rth trigger yet. Pretty happy with it for my needs, not a bad price either but can't attest to range beyond 1000 feet yet so wel see I may get a dbs as well if I decide to try distance. I likely won't ever touch my stocks again I tried over the weekend and my video and signal were a joke compared to the upgraded antennas.

What do you guys think about this mod?
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Seems like a great idea makes sense if this is one of our issues, since some guys are and others aren't having these GPS problems.

In my case I'd almost bet this is an issue cause I'm great one flight then issues the next, which makes sense if this copper move's on landing or take off.

Thanks I'll give it a go tonight and see if I get similar results. Mine hasn't been nearly as long to lock as you mention but I suddenly did notice a huge change in GPS after the glitch that caused the hard land and tip over for me.

Reactions: Camotoe
I'm gonna try it now then.. i live in a residential area that I keep loosing signal very quick . . I should be able to tell pretty quick but i wonder if this is a fix to a lot of shitty flight issues

I'm gonna try it now then.. i live in a residential area that I keep loosing signal very quick . . I should be able to tell pretty quick but i wonder if this is a fix to a lot of shitty flight issues
It may help your range but mainly it's to fix your gps, so it locks a signal and keeps it better, can't hurt range though. Honestly your only easy option in high rf areas is antenna upgrade I use the fpvlr and it does great even in dense areas with high rf compared to stock. I'm also doing the wifi card mod for solo and controller soon and I'd bet that helps too but can't say till I try it. You notice immediately better video feed better range and the quad is more responsive, I tried and find stocks unusable after upgrading and getting spoiled by fpvlr.

Oh this works so well I don't think I need another upgrade there.. I flew it in the same spot I lost signal in yesterday in my neighborhood it helped with signal strength and range so honestly I'd suggest it.. it's not just range it helped it didn't loose signal til at about 400 ft and basically out of site with 80 ft trees surrounding me .. that mod has my approval and sure it will have yours too .. DO IT!!!

Reactions: Adimuzio513
It may help your range but mainly it's to fix your gps, so it locks a signal and keeps it better, can't hurt range though. Honestly your only easy option in high rf areas is antenna upgrade I use the fpvlr and it does great even in dense areas with high rf compared to stock. I'm also doing the wifi card mod for solo and controller soon and I'd bet that helps too but can't say till I try it. You notice immediately better video feed better range and the quad is more responsive, I tried and find stocks unusable after upgrading and getting spoiled by fpvlr.

It definitely helped with more than just range .. never had something go so well with such amazing results!! This made it so much more fun

This is the second time I've quoted one post and it quotes another last time the quote it posted was in a totally different thread, sorry this was meant to the guy asking about these setups earlier.

Glad this is doing well I've got mine on the table now waiting for my old lady to fall asleep to do it real quick, think I may use a piece of clear lexan I have instead of cardboard it's thick enough it should do fine and won't ever get damp if it's humid or brittle from age later. Thanks for the info.

This is the second time I've quoted one post and it quotes another last time the quote it posted was in a totally different thread, sorry this was meant to the guy asking about these setups earlier.

Glad this is doing well I've got mine on the table now waiting for my old lady to fall asleep to do it real quick, think I may use a piece of clear lexan I have instead of cardboard it's thick enough it should do fine and won't ever get damp if it's humid or brittle from age later. Thanks for the info.

That's smart idea with plastic piece for humidity .. last thing I wanna do is fry this chip.. it was simple and took me only about 5 minutes to get done and was completely ecstatic about results. Let me know how yours does!

I'll know for sure tomorrow but with as easy and free as this is I'd say everyone should do it long as your careful with the clips there's no down side worse case your solo is a bit better prepared for a rough landing pushing this copper into your gps, if it's spaced properly which how it looks in the video seems unlikely. Why they wouldn't use a spacer on this in the first place is a good question.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
apicasso