Antenna selection or replacement

how are you going to mount the DBS antenna on your solo controller do you have any ideas
It looks like its going to be pretty easy with the support on the back of the Solo Controller. Probably one of the easiest mount setups around.

Will post pictures when I have it.

Reactions: 50wyldeman
I will be buying one IF I find out that the short distance gps connection is vastly improved.

If someone has information on that I would love to hear it.

Ryan G

I will be buying one IF I find out that the short distance gps connection is vastly improved.

Ryan G
Not sure I understand. Short distance GPS?

Reactions: rrmccabe

Ryan G

The antennas are unrelated to GPS. The only thing that will improve GPS is on the aircraft.

Ahh.. i didn't know that. Sorry.. I thought the antennas would help with GPS.. I am totally mistaken..

I don't do long range flights.. just shorter distances and I was hoping something would help with my constant (since updating firmware) gps loss during flights (which I find interesting).

Ryan G

Ahh.. i didn't know that. Sorry.. I thought the antennas would help with GPS.. I am totally mistaken..

I don't do long range flights.. just shorter distances and I was hoping something would help with my constant (since updating firmware) gps loss during flights (which I find interesting).

Ryan G
As far as I know, the GPS unit and antenna is in the nose forward of the battery.
Maybe you need to run through your calibrations.

The GPS unit is under the shiny part in front of battery. When your remove the battery tray you have to unplug it from the board to remove the tray. The control antennas are in the landing gear.

It looks like its going to be pretty easy with the support on the back of the Solo Controller. Probably one of the easiest mount setups around.

Will post pictures when I have it.
is there a setting for upgrade when you install the antenna

No. The antenna just mounts to the controller and you unscrew the antennas that are on it and hook up the two coax whips to the controller. Done.

No. The antenna just mounts to the controller and you unscrew the antennas that are on it and hook up the two coax whips to the controller. Done.
thanks I called drone fly and they said I should have my solo in about 3 weeks

Yeah, Jubair mentioned on the antenna thread that MP would do that. I haven't looked at that yet at any great depth.
I'll just have to try it in Tower and see what it does.
Hey Raybro - Have you had a chance to test whether or not Tower will continue to fly waypoints once controller connection is lost?

Reactions: Shawn Mehlert
I am liking the first test I did with my FPVLR yesterday, 5983 ft over a very congested wifi area. Previous distance with stock was just under 1500 over same area..dinstance.jpg

Reactions: Camotoe

Ryan G
Ryan you're actually getting more gps disconnects since the firmware update? I've heard mixed results.

I'm not getting great results with my FPVLR, I emailed them as to possibly why

Attachments

• FPVLRDistance.PNG
    FPVLRDistance.PNG
    181.9 KB · Views: 26
it all depends on the Wifi congestion. One direction I get 6000 ft, the other I get only 2600 ft, compared to stock of 1900, and 2000 respectively.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
apicasso