Android Marshmallow

Reaction score
Just got the update for my Galaxy Tab S. Any conflicts with Solo?

Normally,Google will let you know before you can download & install anything on to your device. OS ver
Venders must test there app before release.
Hope this help.

Just wondering if anybody has had issues running solo app with Marshmallow.

I use the 10 inch S2 with mine and it works fine but I don't recall what OS that has on it. I will check when I get home and re post.

No noted issues with my Galaxy Tab S2 8.0", SM-T713 (with new processor) and running Android 6.0.1.

i got my update on the tab s too. i didn't think it was coming. it was like christmas. anyways it is working fine with solo and tower 4 beta.

Hey PP, Nougat is available for that now. I got a 15-20% increase in battery on my 6p after upgrading. FYI..
I'd like some tight, well-written code that gives me 15-20% more memory surplus.

If Samsung pushes Nougat to my Galaxy S5, I will be eager to see if I experience anything like that in battery savings. The way I use it, I have to charge it a minimum of twice during the day - then I put it on charge overnight. Has always been that way - on 6.0 now and with 5.0 before. I have a charger on my nightstand, a charger on the end table, a charger at my laptop, a charger in the truck... everywhere I light I plug it in and still get caught off guard.

My Tab S2 8 gets phenomenal battery life with 6.0 - phenomenal + 20% would be even better.

I'd like some tight, well-written code that gives me 15-20% more memory surplus.
That's an inerrant flaw in android and won't be fixed unless the underlying java platform does something about its garbage collectors. Android requires 2-3x ram over ios the handle the same load. ios is very memory efficient and is one area apple got it right. That's only part of the story though. Android apps can run 100% in the background (minus ui) while ios apps can't. When you switch apps on ios it basically kills whatever app you left, freeing its memory, and then when you switch it back it reloads and kills whatever you just switched from. Android does true multitasking and the app(s) run in the background so requires more memory. Android is basically running within a virtual machine within java while ios is native - so there's an entire layer there that makes android less efficient. Android handsets/tablets generally get around these limitations with more ram and faster cpus than ios has.

Reactions: SARDG

If Samsung pushes Nougat to my Galaxy S5, I will be eager to see if I experience anything like that in battery savings. The way I use it, I have to charge it a minimum of twice during the day - then I put it on charge overnight. Has always been that way - on 6.0 now and with 5.0 before. I have a charger on my nightstand, a charger on the end table, a charger at my laptop, a charger in the truck... everywhere I light I plug it in and still get caught off guard.

My Tab S2 8 gets phenomenal battery life with 6.0 - phenomenal + 20% would be even better.
On the surface and UI, there is not a lot of difference visually. From what I have read, most of the update is focused on speed, efficiency and other improvements 'behind the scenes'.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Minh44