Android incompatibility & Magnetic Interference

Reaction score
I can prove across 4 birds and 3 flavors of android, any Solo upgraded through Android 5.0 gets Magnetic Interference that is almost fatal. Re-flashing/updating through another flavor of Android is then a perfect fix. My problem is 5.0 on a Note 3 and the AryaMod ROM. *I am not saying all devices with Android 5.0 but just mine for certain.* This is only with the Solo app, I haven't tried others.

Mag interference has nothing to do with any Android version. Its the two mags on the Solo not agreeing. Your controller is saying magnetic interference?

I can prove across 4 birds and 3 flavors of android, any Solo upgraded through Android 5.0 gets Magnetic Interference that is almost fatal. Re-flashing/updating through another flavor of Android is then a perfect fix. My problem is 5.0 on a Note 3 and the AryaMod ROM. *I am not saying all devices with Android 5.0 but just mine for certain.* This is only with the Solo app, I haven't tried others.

Um, no... you can't. Mag interference on the Solo has nothing at all to do with an app. More details are needed. Where was your Solo sitting?

I am having Magnetic interference issue after installing the HERE have tried full factory reset ,controller and bird also the Cube reset (sswt), seems to have difficulty even signing onto app,,ie sometimes wont connect though wifi is connected ...this interference is universal to drones location...???

If you are flashing firmware which everyone is that wants to fly a Solo. And the flash is interrupted for even 1/1000 of a second you get very strange problems. One is magnetometer warnings, there are possibly half a dozen or more on quads. Binding problems, here again many different ones. I was unlucky enough to have this on another brand of quad where the upgrade was done over USB that was not trust worthy. Once doing an uninterrupted flash all these "mechanical" problems went away.
My belief is many returns of Solos were due to bad flashes. In some cases flashing from another device might be a fix.
I'm not interested in arguing with experts who I agree know way more than I do.

Last edited:
If you are flashing firmware which everyone is that wants to fly a Solo. And the flash is interrupted for even 1/1000 of a second you get very strange problems. One is magnetometer warnings, there are possibly half a dozen or more on quads. Binding problems, here again many different ones. I was unlucky enough to have this on another brand of quad where the upgrade was done over USB that was not trust worthy. Once doing an uninterrupted flash all these "mechanical" problems went away.
My belief is many returns of Solos were due to bad flashes. In some cases flashing from another device might be a fix.
I'm not interested in arguing with experts who I agree know way more than I do.
Are you using Solo stock firmware? Or 1.5.3? Why have you flashed new firmware? Have you done a compass calibration in a suitable area?

I'm doing a factory reset and then getting new everything. Not even a choice at that point. Where can you show that they push old firmware?

Basically none of this makes any sense. I don't doubt you are seeing something going wrong. But it has nothing to do with what Android version you're using.

I'm doing a factory reset and then getting new everything. Not even a choice at that point. Where can you show that they push old firmware?
The Solo app will tell you what firmware your using. The 1.5 stuff is not available through the app. Have you calibrated the mags? I think the firmware you will be using is 1.3.2 but I'm not sure. You may be causing your problems yourself. Nothing personal.

Factory reset will give you I think 2.4.2 on the companion computer and 1.3.1 (maybe 1.3.2) on the Pixhawk.

I'd you're having these problems, I suggest doing a parameter reset on the pixhawk. You will then need to redo the level calibration, and reboot. The. A compass calibration and reboot. The compass calibration must be done outdoors and away from magnetic interference.

Parameter Reset — Copter documentation

I am having Magnetic interference issue after installing the HERE have tried full factory reset ,controller and bird also the Cube reset (sswt), seems to have difficulty even signing onto app,,ie sometimes wont connect though wifi is connected ...this interference is universal to drones location...???

Are you using the compass in the Here or the stock ones?

i took my old rev b and stock compass and put on parts drone that was having magnetic issue as well...finally got parameters reset on that bird and it is loading up as it should...but now neither drone will connect to app...or rather says connected shows as connected in app but under solo settings on app says not connected to vehicle

i used the compass plug from parts drone to splice HERE into, that was experiencing magnetic interference ..is it possible suspect?...should i just remove and reinstall old compass in leg perhaps?

in MP i looked in compass steup ..removed compass 2...no more mag interference loads up ready to fly!..woohoo!...but...app says not connected to vehicle

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ihatethatihavetomakeanacc