Adding new camera in Solexapp

Reaction score
Hi,
I'm using several solo's for 3d mapping, with mission planner and Solex app depending on the type of work.
I'm wondering if it would be possible to add cameras in the database of Solex, as I do for Mission planner?

If not, why not creating a database feeded by users, that would be updated in the latest versions?

Thanks,
Julien

Hi,
I'm using several solo's for 3d mapping, with mission planner and Solex app depending on the type of work.
I'm wondering if it would be possible to add cameras in the database of Solex, as I do for Mission planner?

If not, why not creating a database feeded by users, that would be updated in the latest versions?

Thanks,
Julien

Hi Julien,

You can create new cameras by editing camera files directly, which is the way I left things when I put support for cameras into Solex. But it wouldn't be a big deal to add something to it that lets you create new camera profiles. I've made a note to do that in Solex when I get a chance, and the ability to create new cameras will be in an update at some point soon.

Thanks,
Kelly

Reactions: Wetstone and DJMc
Thank you Kelly,
I can't find where I could edit the camera file. I have a tablet with Solex on it, found the camera files, but no idea how to modify one of these...

Thanks!

Thank you Kelly,
I can't find where I could edit the camera file. I have a tablet with Solex on it, found the camera files, but no idea how to modify one of these...

Thanks!

yes, that's something that's arguably missing from Solex. To edit a camera file (or create a new one), you have to open the file in an external editor manually and edit it. I have a note to add that ability to Solex, just haven't done it yet. :)

Thanks,
Kelly

Reactions: DocBr and DJMc
Cool, very easy actually.
Install a file editor, then look for:
Android / Data / Com.fognl.solex / Files / Camera

Then modify one of them. Note that the name that will be displayed on solex is not the name of the file but the name typed IN the file.

Thank you Kelly for direction!!

Reactions: DocBr
hello!) I did not find in the Solex mission to read and edit the last mission recorded in Solo .. This mission is loaded into Solo from MP. Is it possible to do this?

hello!) I did not find in the Solex mission to read and edit the last mission recorded in Solo .. This mission is loaded into Solo from MP. Is it possible to do this?

Just so I'm clear on what you mean: Are you looking for the ability to download the mission on the vehicle into Solex?

Just so I'm clear on what you mean: Are you looking for the ability to download the mission on the vehicle into Solex?
hello kelly!
this question may not be for this thread .. I read here about the ability to add a camera profile to Solex. I did it, thanks! And we talk about different functions and compatibility of missions between Solex and MP in another thread ..., so it is worth continuing there. I think these questions will be useful to other users of missions in Solex.
Solex Missions, Tower, Mission Planner, or QGroundControl

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pvt solo