Acro Mode.. And a Deer?

Reaction score
So I was out flying a survey mission with Tower and had some battery left so I thought I would go up for a short flight and try out a loop and a roll with the GoPro on board. Flew great, then I spotted a deer and thought I would ease in for closer shot. NO post editing. Didn't even run it through the GoPro app. Just the raw MP4 file reduced in size for posting.
Fly Safe..
Jubal
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Last edited:
i was doing loops and rolls last night :) 1 loop 1 crash.
so thats it for acro for me :)

i was doing loops and rolls last night :) 1 loop 1 crash.
so thats it for acro for me :)
Glad you came out of it as good as you did Ryan! IT's amazing how sensitive the sticks are in Acro though. VERY easy to get in trouble with it. Very fast and very sensitive.

Wow looks very stabile in acro I'm still kinda scared myself but it didn't look too bad to do. That said experienced guys doing anything can make it look easy just like with freestyle motocross or street bIke stunts.

Reactions: Nystrom Productions
Glad you came out of it as good as you did Ryan! IT's amazing how sensitive the sticks are in Acro though. VERY easy to get in trouble with it. Very fast and very sensitive.

Ha love your comment "doesn't take much to hit something like a food truck" lol good stuff nice video explaining modes on Vimeo too good info. Guys if your new check out his other vids on Vimeo for a good explanation and demo of manual vs fly vs stabilize. By the way comment was in the other video on Vimeo not the one posted above.

Last edited:
So I was out flying a survey mission with Tower and had some battery left so I thought I would go up for a short flight and try out a loop and a roll with the GoPro on board. Flew great, then I spotted a deer and thought I would ease in for closer shot. NO post editing. Didn't even run it through the GoPro app. Just the raw MP4 file reduced in size for posting.
Fly Safe..
Jubal
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

very nice, although id have tried to race the deer

Nice video.....hadn't tried a loop yet. I thought you would race the deer to the tree line.

Reactions: prowler9
That sounds right Ray. I'd have to check, but I think sport mode can be accessed directly through Tower on the drop down can't it? If so, would be a good mode to use before going full Acro.
It's listed in the app if you have advanced modes enabled. I'll give it a try when I'm REAL good at manual mode. I'm not there yet.

so i tried sport mode and totally was surprised at the control gonna read up on the modes more

Anybody else get that email from 3dr with video over the weekend, bad interview not much use but the background with dji stocks going down is a bit funny. Sounds like it was recorded a while back but since the interview wasn't really anything I have to think that stock ticker is the reason they mass emailed it out, seems to go down a full point during the 30 second interview. That and the Harlem Shake gimbal video shows they got a sense of humor, seems like it'd be a cool company to work for anyway. Just thought it was funny even though a bit off topic.

so i tried sport mode and totally was surprised at the control gonna read up on the modes more
Hey Chris, Another fun mode is Drift mode. Makes it like flying and RC plane and banks with coordinated turns. A lot of fun.
Fly Safe..
Jubal

Reactions: ChrisM101

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andre felipe colorado