Acro Mode.. And a Deer?

Nice flying. I doubt I will use the Solo in Acro mode until its old technology and devalued. So ?? Next spring maybe? LOL

Course I might change my mind after seeing a smooth barrel roll with a gimbal !

Wonder how the gimbal will respond to upside down.

Nice flying. I doubt I will use the Solo in Acro mode until its old technology and devalued. So ?? Next spring maybe? LOL

Course I might change my mind after seeing a smooth barrel roll with a gimbal !

Wonder how the gimbal will respond to upside down.
Good Question. I wonder if it has room for a complete rotation? Not sure if you saw this I posted a couple of years ago. XT-60 connector came unplugged due to a crack and the 800 size Hex I was flying lost all power to the motors. The DYS gimbal I was using was powered separately and as the Hex went inverted, the gimbal still maintained horizon level, sky up. Totally shocked me that it was able to accomplish that.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Yea I remember that video. I bet you were shocked when you saw the footage.

Have to admit a smooth gimbal barrel roll would be pretty "top gun". Just would be surprised if a gimbal that is very sensitive to design weight and balance could function upside down.

Ha love your comment "doesn't take much to hit something like a food truck" lol good stuff nice video explaining modes on Vimeo too good info. Guys if your new check out his other vids on Vimeo for a good explanation and demo of manual vs fly vs stabilize. By the way comment was in the other video on Vimeo not the one posted above.
Thanks. The Food Truck comment is what first came to mind talking about nose in and wrong corrections.

Loving solo more and more by the day you guys got me trying all these modes now and it's like having different quads. Anyone who thinks this thing is the same as a phantom beside smart shots obviously not experimented enough. Thanks again for the explanation video of modes they aren't as scary when you know what your in for, my first idea of stabilize was way off I found as she hurdled toward earth a few weeks back lol. Once you know what to expect the modes are easy enough, the year I have experience wise seems like plenty as long as I'm up a couple hundred feet away from everything while practicing what does what exactly.

Too bad you found out how well that gimbal worked on its way to I'm guessing the end of its life?

Loving solo more and more by the day you guys got me trying all these modes now and it's like having different quads. Anyone who thinks this thing is the same as a phantom beside smart shots obviously not experimented enough. Thanks again for the explanation video of modes they aren't as scary when you know what your in for, my first idea of stabilize was way off I found as she hurdled toward earth a few weeks back lol. Once you know what to expect the modes are easy enough, the year I have experience wise seems like plenty as long as I'm up a couple hundred feet away from everything while practicing what does what exactly.

Too bad you found out how well that gimbal worked on its way to I'm guessing the end of its life?
Actually, the Gimbal survived and the hex broke 3 arms. All motors, ESCs,Gopro and Pixhawk survived. . But they quit making parts for the kit and I went on to the Tarot 680 Hex from there. Still very impressed that the Gimbal maintained level while inverted though.

No doubt I'm also impressed it survived, you land a bit rough and some fall apart and I'd bet most of them cost more on top of it.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andre felipe colorado