3DR To Cut Jobs & Shift Focus

this could be the end of solo aerial photography?
Per the news release: This change comes as 3DR doubles down on our commitment to the enterprise drone space in addition to our core consumer Solo product line.

Sounds like we'll have more for Solo....

Huh, are you saying that 3DR has driven the price points down? That's exactly backwards. Nice to imagine that David has slain Goliath, but that's not what happened.
For someone on a Solo forum, you seem very "pro DJI". But yes, many feel that the influx of competition to the Phantom line influenced DJI's pricing structure. Now I am not sure 3DR "flooded" the market, but they are a competitor to DJI, and initial pricing of the P3 line was much closer to the Solo, initially.

Per the news release: This change comes as 3DR doubles down on our commitment to the enterprise drone space in addition to our core consumer Solo product line.

Sounds like we'll have more for Solo....
I agree. Just because they are focusing on the corporate market does not mean Solo is going away. There is a lot of potential for this machine and the untapped accessory bay which canl be used for all sorts of gizmos.
Back when I worked at Dell, I was in the corporate side of the house. They make lots of money selling lots of computers to corporations, but they also sell them to the general public.
Solo will only get better.

Awesome !!!! Hope 3DR make good money on commercial and increase the R & D budget for us hobby dudes Solo.

Upsetting to read about this change in direction. One of the reasons i went for the Solo was that it was a competitor to DJI. Here in Australia there is a big difference in price between the Solo and the Phantom 3 which is approximately $800 AUD ($560 USD) more for the SOLO. I guess i hope there will still be some form of investment even if its minor in the retail side.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Minh44