3DR Solo flight groups?

Reaction score
Are there any 3DR Solo flight groups in the Phoenix Az. area? If there are, how can I get involved? I'm new to the drone world and just bought a Solo and need help.
If there are any Solo owners out there with some time on their hands, who wouldn't mind helping show me the ropes, I would gladly pay for some tutoring or could possibly return the favor doing some work ?

Hi, I'm out in SoCal - a little far to meet up, but is there anything we can help you setup remotely? Or are you just wanting some buddies to fly with? If so, you can look at the AMA website and see if there are any RC clubs in your area. I'm sure there's got to be a few in Phoenix. :)

I was hoping someone could show me what I need to do to get this thing in the air. I can get my phone, controller and drone all linked up but my controller just gets stuck of the preflight update screen, the drone wont stop.beeping, and the solo app crashes as soon as I try to open it.
I spent a lot.of money for something that I cant use at all and It is frustrating⁹⁹.

I'm in Tucson, so not TOO far away.

I don't know why it would be beeping. The only time I had that was when I had parts removed and it wasn't happy about it. The good news is that it sounds like it's at least paired, which can be more than half the battle in my experience.

I hate to suggest throwing more money at it, but have you tried the Solex app? I assume the app that's crashing is the original Solo app. You're probably going to want to update the drone anyway to OpenSolo, and that's by far the easiest way.

I bought Solex already. I must be doing something wrong. I just dont know what.
As for updating to OpenSolo, I dont know how to do any of that. Maybe I am in over my head. I just wanted a good drone that I could hopefully shoot some cool videos with. So far all I have done is throw money at something I can't use.
They really need to put something in the reviews about needing a programming degree to understand and use a Solo.
I'm frustrated and am stuck between determined to get a result and not even interested any more.

I understand your frustration if it's not working right. I'm sure we've all been there a time or two with anything electronic. The Solo is a great drone, I think you'd have to spend over a grand to get anything better (Magic Pro 2 for example).
One other option right off the bat - do you know anyone who has an iPhone or iPad you can use for a few minutes? The original Solo app still works on the iOS and you could likely be up and running in minutes. It just has to connect you to the 3DR server one time since someone reset that Solo before you purchased it.

If you don't have any friends / relatives with an iOS device, we'll have to do it through Solex. The first step of the Open Solo 4.0 install is connecting to your phone, tablet, or Chromebook with Solex. Can you get to the point where you see the Solo's WiFi and get your device on that WiFi? If so, will it connect where it actually sees the drone?

Reactions: DJMc
I'm in Tucson, so not TOO far away.

I don't know why it would be beeping. The only time I had that was when I had parts removed and it wasn't happy about it. The good news is that it sounds like it's at least paired, which can be more than half the battle in my experience.

I hate to suggest throwing more money at it, but have you tried the Solex app? I assume the app that's crashing is the original Solo app. You're probably going to want to update the drone anyway to OpenSolo, and that's by far the easiest way.
I got it up and flying. I found an old Andriod phone that would let me do the pre flight update. Only had it up once though. I was practicing with the used one I bought but some asshole stole it out of my truck today while I was at work. Got my drone, 3 brand new batteries and my Hero 4 and the charger and 3 batteries I had for it.

• Sad
Reactions: Joe Horn

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ihatethatihavetomakeanacc