3DR Solo Directors Pack - $549.00

Is 1 Solo Enough?

• Total voters
Reaction score
Fry's seems to be clearing out their inventory.

Purchased my first Solo a few weeks back and love it. Thinking about snagging another one just because, but not sure.

Enjoy,

Attachments

• Screenshot_20160929-131439.png
    Screenshot_20160929-131439.png
    768.4 KB · Views: 98
If you can swing it, I'd pick up another. At some point, you're going to need replacement or repair parts, and they're already getting scarse. New drones are coming out pretty soon, but at these sale prices, the Solo is unbeatable. If you're happy with yours and aren't tempted by the features of the Karma and Mavic, get a spare Solo and you'll be set.

I was in there over the weekend and attempted to buy one at the Best Buy price. They refused to sell the bundle at the bestbuy price.
I ended up buying it from BB but the gimbal is out of stock.

At Frys, They now have the gimbals on sale for 100.00 dollars and they had a bunch of them. I picked up a spare. BestBuy doesn't have any in their San Diego area stores.

If you can swing it, I'd pick up another. At some point, you're going to need replacement or repair parts, and they're already getting scarce.
Best Buy in San Diego told me they have quite a few in stock. They didn't have the spare props or gimbals. That had to be ordered.

I think this deal is still better than the BB since you get more blades, gimbal and extra battery, if anything it probably evens out to be the same.

The BB version comes with a spare battery, gimbal and one set of spare props for 399.00. The only extra in the end is several sets of props for an extra 149.00 dollars.

Reactions: MrNeill
I did the same. It wasn't until I was in BB and the sales guy told me I got an EXTRA battery. That did it for me. I bought a spare.
The advantage Frys has is they have it all in stock. BB has to source the props and gimbals from other locations. I'm still waiting for the gimbal.

But Fry's also has a no return policy on drones. I'd rather be able to return it to the store if there is an issue and not have to wait weeks with back and forth with 3dr.

That is true. I returned one once back in June. They refused it until I got an RMA from 3DR. Then they took it back. That took abt 2days.
It was a hassle none the less. Frys told me they don't take returns on any high end drones. Not sure what they consider "High End". Probably price point.

But Fry's also has a no return policy on drones. I'd rather be able to return it to the store if there is an issue and not have to wait weeks with back and forth with 3dr.

I had an issue with my first one and exchanged it. It was a few days after I bought it.

I'm just going by the big signs they have all over the place specifically saying no drone returns. At least the one local to me does.

Even if best buy doesn't have them in stock you can do store pickup when making your order online. They will give you what is in stock at the store you select from the list and inform you when the rest arrives. The last time I purchased two and they had one complete package in stock and the other order they only had the drone itself available. I just received a text this morning saying the rest of the second package is ready for pickup today(gimbal, battery, and props). This promo seems to be primarily online and the associates at the local best buy didn't even seem to know they were running it. I would order online for store pickup rather than assume the minimum wage salesperson knows what is going on.

This promo seems to be primarily online and the associates at the local best buy didn't even seem to know they were running it. I would order online for store pickup rather than assume the minimum wage salesperson knows what is going on.

Same here too. The clerk had no idea it was on sale until he checked the website.

I just ordered from BB for pick-up in San Antonio (Forum) and they have all parts (solo, gimbal, battery, props) in stock at store. For $399.

I was in there over the weekend and attempted to buy one at the Best Buy price. They refused to sell the bundle at the bestbuy price.
I ended up buying it from BB but the gimbal is out of stock.

At Frys, They now have the gimbals on sale for 100.00 dollars and they had a bunch of them. I picked up a spare. BestBuy doesn't have any in their San Diego area stores.
I bought one here in Costa Mesa at BB yesterday. They had four on the shelf $99

I have my bird to play with and I'm an hr from a BB so I just ordered and had it shipped. Thanks guys for letting me see past Fry's gimmick.

I got my 2nd solo at BB for $399 in Texas. They wouldnt order in store for me. I had to order it online myself to get the deal. Totally happy it only took 2 days. I was looking to get 2 new batteries and some more props when I caught sight of this BB deal here on the 3DR Pilots forum. So thanks!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
apicasso