3DR NO RETURN / NO EXCHANGE POLICY on Iris+ @ Fry's!

Reaction score
Has anyone heard or know more about this? I purchased a 3DR Iris+ on 10-4-15 from Fry's. I drove over an hour to get the location and as soon as I walked into the lobby I got a call that my oldest daughters water had just broken and my first grandson was on his way! I rushed back to the camera section to find they had one left! It had been opened up by someone previously but I figured if there was any issue Fry's would take care of it as long as I had my receipt.
Well as it turned out there were a few items missing from the box after all. Nothing major. Just the radio, battery, and micro SD card! So as I'm flying down the freeway headed to the hospital I'm calling Fry's Electronics in Irving, Tx and there is no way to get a live person on the phone. Spent hours the next 4 days from work trying to get someone on the phone. Finally I call 3DR and the support guy said it wouldn't be a problem returning it to Fry's and that they wouldn't even need to phone 3DR for any kind of approval code for the return.
Well tonight I was able to finally get off work early and make it up there 15 minutes before closing time. The guy who checked me out was now at the return desk and he remembered me and that the seal was broken on the box when I bought it. When he called for the assistant manager to approve the return the acting manager showed up with a camera dept employee to inspect the box. Suddenly out of nowhere the acting manager blurts out, "wait that's one of those 3D Solo Iris drones and we cant take those back for any reason whatsoever or I'll lose my job." I almost lost it but decided to be civil and go this route and try and discuss the situation further with 3DR and if need be have them contact the store location.

Sheeit I would have gone ballistic. Have you looked at their official return policy? You had a good argument and an employee as a witness to the seal being open. Get that guy's name. Was the iris marked down in price? Had it been returned once already by the guy who obviously kept the radio and battery? That seems more likely than Joe Blow opening up the box in the store and walking out with those 3 things. If it looks like a return then raise hell about them accepting the first return without checking the contents to the degree that they did when checking yours. And they should have record of the person that returned it last - that is assuming it was a return.

Sheeit I would have gone ballistic. Have you looked at their official return policy? You had a good argument and an employee as a witness to the seal being open. Get that guy's name. Was the iris marked down in price? Had it been returned once already by the guy who obviously kept the radio and battery? That seems more likely than Joe Blow opening up the box in the store and walking out with those 3 things. If it looks like a return then raise hell about them accepting the first return without checking the contents to the degree that they did when checking yours. And they should have record of the person that returned it last - that is assuming it was a return.

Tell me about it. Im having them pull security video today.

What ever happened? Great story (maybe not for you txfirefighter) now I am curious.....cliffhanger here.....

sounds like Fry's ought to step up to the plate and take care of a good customer. This doesn't sound like 3DR's responsibility but rather the hobby store.

Reactions: erikgraham
Fry's return policy is clear but I would demand they replace the missing items.

8. Physically damaged processors, motherboards, and remote control aircraft will not be accepted for return.

Reactions: dirkclod
Frys has a policy where they don't refund on the high end multis. I found a lot of Frys employees to be clueless. They told me the same thing.
HOWEVER,
You need to contact 3DR and tell them that Frys is refusing to take the unit back and give a refund. 3DR will have you answer a few questions on a survey. Once you reply with that, they will issue you an MBG number to present to Frys and they will then refund your money.
Mine however, was a Solo.

Here is my actual interaction from 3DR. BTW, they did this within minutes. From the time I sent the initial inquiry to the time I received the MBG was just a few hours. I'm very pleased with the service I received from 3DR.

Hello Don

I have created an MBG code (MB0615162XXXXX) so you can provide it to Frys personnel so they can do a refund for you.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pvt solo