3DR Iris camera gimbal problem.

Reaction score
I just recently purchased, a used 3DR Iris, with a go pro, and motorized gimbal.
Everything on the drone, works fine..., but I'm having a problem, with the gimbal, shaking.
It wants to start shaking, violently, every time, the prop motors start, and/ or whenever it gets bumped, a little bit.
If I hold it, it will steady itself,..and the tilt will work..but then it happens again, as soon as it's disturbed~...
Anyone, have any information, on why this is happening,.. and how I can correct this situation?...

Sounds ike either the PID tuning is off, or the gimbal isn't balanced to start with, or a little of both.

I'm gonna need you to put forth a bit more effort, please. Do a google search and at the very least determine via images which gimbal you have.

I did some research, and it looks like the gimbal is a T- 2D.. Here's a pic, of it..it looks exactly, like this.

Attachments

• TAROT T2D GIMBAL.jpg
    TAROT T2D GIMBAL.jpg
    567.7 KB · Views: 17
Tried the guide,..and couldn't find a USB port, on the gimbal, like it shows, in the diagram..maybe the wrong one?..
By the way..thanks, for all of your time, and effort, to try and help me~

I expect you are missing a USB to Serial Converter. They are cheaply available on Amazon.

Oh, also, make sure your gimbal is balanced to start with. With power off, the gimbal secured to a solid base, and the camera in the mount, the gimbal should stay wherever it is placed. If it doesn't, you need to balance the gimbal. That procedure is WELL beyond a forum post, so you will have to look around the web at other folks doing it.

One more link to help youur understanding:

Tarot GoPro Gimbal

What kind of camera you are using. Your gimbal is not balanced or not tuned to your camera.

What kind of camera you are using. Your gimbal is not balanced or not tuned to your camera.
I'm using the go pro 3..It came with the drone, and should be balanced, but, I think it is not..How do i balance , the camera/ gimbal?...

I'm using the go pro 3..It came with the drone, and should be balanced, but, I think it is not..How do i balance , the camera/ gimbal?...
learn.parallax.com/tutorials/robot/elev-8/camera-gimbal-your-elev-8-v3/tarot-t-2d-gimbal/tarot-t-2d-gimbal

Can you tell me what cable I need to get, to connect the gimbal , to the PC, for balancing,...etc?...
I use a micro USB cable for the phone. Frankly, you can buy a new gimbal for less than $50, a new gimbal will save you a lot of troubles if you haven't configured a gimbal.

I use a micro USB cable for the phone. Frankly, you can buy a new gimbal for less than $50, a new gimbal will save you a lot of troubles if you haven't configured a gimbal.
If I buy a new Tarot T-2 D gimbal,.. Will it automatically, link up to the bird?..

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ihatethatihavetomakeanacc