3DR Drone Video Masterclass

I was able to join the tail end of it and thought it was amazing. For those who did not get a chance to see it, it looks very promising for those who already own a Solo for those new cameras and gimbals. I also as a filmmaker think its one of the best drones out there for this type stuff and with a possible tether and LED light and "Boat Mode" coming which he hinted at least I am thrilled. As a professional filmmaker I love this thing.

Reactions: Jubalr
There is some good content in the E-Book and more hints as to what we will see from Solo in 2016. I'm truly glad I have gone down the 3DR road. It's been narrow and winding for a while but I think it's about to really open up. Super excited to see where we will be with the Solo platform this time next year!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Who is attending? What are you expecting? What are your thoughts after attending? What could 3DR do better next time?
I attended and thought it was pretty well done for the 1st webinar. They said they would try and do these every 6-8 weeks. Late in the presentation, Colin mentioned a modified GoPro for Solo with interchangeable settings and weight balance system by Backbone? Ribcage? Are any of you 3dr pilots familiar with this?
Lastly, he mentioned some upcoming software updates and accessories to expect near term for Solo. One is ability to take off/land from a boat, which will be nice since we fly in Florida. Also some sort of Aerial Crane configuration where Solo can hover in flight for extended period of time and shine lights down on a film set. Neat stuff!
Have a great evening!
And let me know if you are familiar with the modified GoPro config he mentioned.
Also, do any of you fly FLIR cameras on Solo?
Thanks!

Yes, the company is RibCage. Here's their site: Ribcage Kits & Cameras | BACK-BONE
Here's their Solo specific stuff, including the "dead weight balance kit" for the solo, which is awesome for balancing the gimbal even if you use other manufacturers lenses/filters etc: 3DR SOLO / UAV | BACK-BONE

They sell kits as well, and Peau Productions (another gopro modifier/aftermarket lens) sells them and can install the kits too.
Backbone RibCage GoPro Cameras – Peau Productions

Very spendy, but quick lens swapping.

I said earlier in the thread that Peau got a good mention, with Colin saying the GoPro 3.97mm is his go to lens. I'm sure Peau will see a nice bump in sales after that plug.

Yes, the company is RibCage. Here's their site: Ribcage Kits & Cameras | BACK-BONE
Here's their Solo specific stuff, including the "dead weight balance kit" for the solo, which is awesome for balancing the gimbal even if you use other manufacturers lenses/filters etc: 3DR SOLO / UAV | BACK-BONE

They sell kits as well, and Peau Productions (another gopro modifier/aftermarket lens) sells them and can install the kits too.
Backbone RibCage GoPro Cameras – Peau Productions

Very spendy, but quick lens swapping.
Awesome! Thank you!
Know of any FLIR cameras for Solo that are compatible with gimbal?

@FL_Kim checkout the PeauPro82 lots of other people on here have one. There is lots of other posts that you will find comparison video showing what the difference of FOV (field of view) is between that and stock GoPro lens.

Yes, Peau Productions is quite good. I use their 3.97 rectilinear lens and love it. No lens swapping though.

However, no matter what 3rd party lens you install, Peau Productions is the only one (at this time) who can remove the stock gopro lens profile from the camera. If that isn't done, you will get a pink hue in the corners of the shot unless the new lens has a similar FOV as the stock lens, which most are trying to get away from as well as the fisheye.

Services – Peau Productions

Reactions: SurfnSkate81
as much as I hated writing the check, I do not regret the results I am getting with the 3.97

I screen recorded the webinar, I'll try and get it up on my Google drive tonight and share.

Dang....I am excited , thanks Phil for uploading.... I am drooling waiting for ur link :)

the codes(1776/freebatt/50%offbatt) were all stackable, but I had to keep backing up/then refreshing it seemed....stoked right now!

Last edited:
DONE, again thanks Phil.

Guys.......
I never actually seen web-minar, is the audio quality that poor usually ? I am not saying audio level.
Its sounds like a long distant phone call type quality audio.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Minh44